• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Crewe build up

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
They call it League 2 but it's the Fourth Division - for a reason...
The point is not that we're in Division 2 and cannot expect consistency : the point is that we are inconsistent for a team almost always in an auto position in Div 2, with a relatively poor goal difference compared to the teams around us. Grateful for that, but ....

rustle

Our goal difference is the worst in the top 8
.... and that's what's bothering me. Always said a good GD is worth a point and this year it's looking important.

IndoMike

.... and that's what's bothering me. Always said a good GD is worth a point and this year it's looking important.
We need to hammer someone soon.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is this being shown on iFollow in the UK?

Alistair20000

We need to hammer someone soon.
We hammered Oldham. :)

Arthur Davey

It is confusing, isn't it? I'm seldom confident we will win (very hopeful, but not confident) and yet we've been in and around the autos all season. Our goal difference is the worst in the top 8 and few of our players are consistently good. Must be divine intervention.
It certainly is confusing: making comparisons of goals F/A, by looking at Cheltenham one point below, you might say we're being let down by our defence, yet looking at Crewe one point above, you might say we're being let down by our attack... 🤔

fred binneys head

We’ve only lost 7 games so we’re more consistent at gaining points than everyone except Cheltenham. That’s not bad at this stage of the season. Keep the faith.

Grecian_Matt

Is this being shown on iFollow in the UK?
Yes.

IndoMike

We’ve only lost 7 games so we’re more consistent at gaining points than everyone except Cheltenham. That’s not bad at this stage of the season. Keep the faith.
Yes Fred, nobody is saying it"s bad and I think few of us expected City to be in 3rd place at this stage of the season. I'm only making a point that for an auto team we haven't really stood out from the pack. The results of course show we have been better than most, but somehow it doesn't seem like it

tonykellowfan

The crucial thing about this season is that it is an improvement on last season.

We are 50/50 for the autos and playoffs which is great.

Taylor is learning on the job. He still makes mistakes but his signings have generally been good and he seems able to attract quality players.

Even if we don't go up this year we should be positive about this season and the direction of the club.