• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just can’t get rid of it

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
All this talk of Endacotts or Endicotts reminded me of the old shop I used to go to as a young lad to buy my fishing tackle in the old Paris Street. It was called something like Endicott Sellicks and I remember clearly old ES had a very hooked nose , bit like Fagin In Oliver Twist. The shop would have been one of many near the roundabout about two thirds of the way down on the opposite side to the Honiton Inn which I guess is the only thing left now of the old Paris Street. Seems a long time ago now!
Anyway , back to the thread. Oldest is an old reversible jacket I took with me to Israel about thirty years ago Still in the wardrobe. I also have an old shirt with Geary Cup marked on the back which is about twenty five years old which I’ve been wearing when I clean out the chickens.Like me it’s well past its sell by date. The oldest thing I had until very recently was an old wax jacket which I used to walk the dog in which had to be nearly forty years old. But I noticed the wife put it in the dustbin last week in anticipation of this thread! About due given it was covered in mould marks etc.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Still have my old leather from when I was a punk which was given to me by an old Hells Angel and got offered good money for it in Oxford Street.

Nothing worse than the OH throws your old stuff out and replaces it with something of inferior quality Banksy ! Mine threw out my old dressing gown and bought me one of those bloody fluffy chenille ? type ones bloody little bits of fluff every time I wore it til I found a 100% cotton one in M&S.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

Still have my old leather from when I was a punk which was given to me by an old Hells Angel and got offered good money for it in Oxford Street.

Nothing worse than the OH throws your old stuff out and replaces it with something of inferior quality Banksy ! Mine threw out my old dressing gown and bought me one of those bloody fluffy chenille ? type ones bloody little bits of fluff every time I wore it til I found a 100% cotton one in M&S.
sounds very Jekyll and Hyde :) Joey Ramone by day, Bertie Wooster by night....

Colesman Ballz

All this talk of Endacotts or Endicotts reminded me of the old shop I used to go to as a young lad to buy my fishing tackle in the old Paris Street. It was called something like Endicott Sellicks and I remember clearly old ES had a very hooked nose , bit like Fagin In Oliver Twist. The shop would have been one of many near the roundabout about two thirds of the way down on the opposite side to the Honiton Inn which I guess is the only thing left now of the old Paris Street. Seems a long time ago now!
Alas the Honiton Inn has recently followed so many other pubs and other buildings in Exeter and been demolished to make way for yet another Student block. Nothing is sacred !

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only thing that I never threw out was a heavy NATO greatcoat
I bought a greatcoat in there once. Mine had been surplus to requirements in the Fire Service.

Banksy

Alas the Honiton Inn has recently followed so many other pubs and other buildings in Exeter and been demolished to make way for yet another Student block. Nothing is sacred !
Ah , having been away for the last seven odd years I hadn’t realised that CB.

Oldsmobile-88

Ah , having been away for the last seven odd years I hadn’t realised that CB.
It had been empty since the owner/landlady passed away in 2008.

My last regular haunt for a Friday night outing.
Not bothered with anywhere else since on a week night.

Oldsmobile-88

Still got a pair of 12 lace hole Doc Martens(in black) that I bought in 1988,used occasionally over the years.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Still got a pair of 12 lace hole Doc Martens(in black) that I bought in 1988,used occasionally over the years.
Have a look on the outside of the leather upper see if they have a round logo about the size of a 50p.

Oldsmobile-88

Have a look on the outside of the leather upper see if they have a round logo about the size of a 50p.
I will have a look when I’m home(& dig them out)

The best Docs I ever had was a pair that I badgered my parents for in 1975(in Ox Blood)
Those boots lasted me from my last school days to college & work(3 years) Wore them everywhere.
I would spend a age polishing them after melting the polish on the toe infront of the gas fire...