• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe people would be less angry if he had put it in a pig?
Ho ho ho, let's trot out that lie again, eh?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sajid Javid has just given a resignation statement - a couple of little jibes (referred to the "comings" and goings) but oozed class.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sajid Javid has just given a resignation statement - a couple of little jibes (referred to the "comings" and goings) but oozed class.
Fair statement and right of course about firing the whole advisers team, Not in the national interest

tavyred

On the Saj statement.
It was an interesting study on the conflicting sides currently within the Tory party. You have the traditional Tory doctrine of fiscal prudence enforced by the Treasury and with the Chancellor sitting above the political imperative and basically saying to other Govt. departments this is all the dosh your are getting, now go away. On the other side you have the PM and his mate DM who realise that the purse strings have to be loosened considerably if their agenda of ‘levelling up’ is to be realised.
As someone who voted Tory for BJ’s liberal instincts, for the moment at least I’m still with him and the Bauy Cummings.

IndoMike

The Tories don't come out of this report either, As well as Cyril Smith for the Lib Dems former Tory MP Peter Morrison was "Cut some slack" when it was known by Tebbit and Thatcher that he had a thing for young boys and was caught on a train "Getting to know a lad better", They like Steele were more interested in saving the party's image and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, Resign and nothing more said, Same as Steele, Disgraceful
Wouldn't imagine that the bosses of the fossil fuel industry and tobacco companies etc are your normal "Left Wing Liberal" ranters
Wouldn't imagine that the bosses of the fossil fuel industry and tobacco companies etc are your normal "Left Wing Liberal" ranters
Confused by your reply. Did someone say those were? Misunderstanding?

IndoMike

You said "You Toryboys". Elsewhere you seem to expect me to speak for the whole of the party, then when I say something like this you say I don't speak for the whole party. Make your mind up.
I don't expect you to speak on behalf of the party, although it feels like you do. If I ask your opinion it's to give me an idea of how one real live Tory thinks (to be honest, I know so few), but that's all

Rosencrantz

On the Saj statement.
It was an interesting study on the conflicting sides currently within the Tory party. You have the traditional Tory doctrine of fiscal prudence enforced by the Treasury and with the Chancellor sitting above the political imperative and basically saying to other Govt. departments this is all the dosh your are getting, now go away. On the other side you have the PM and his mate DM who realise that the purse strings have to be loosened considerably if their agenda of ‘levelling up’ is to be realised.
As someone who voted Tory for BJ’s liberal instincts, for the moment at least I’m still with him and the Bauy Cummings.
There is a touch of Henry VIII and Thomas Cromwell's about the partnership. Let's hope for the sake of Dom's head he doesn't get involved in matchmaking for Boris if it all goes wrong with Carrie 😉.

IndoMike

It must be a great relief for politicians in his situation to have the shackles removed and to be free to express what he really thinks;, rather than to have to suck up to the boss.
Credit to him for having shown solidarity with his advisors, although he probably knew the game was up with Cummings on the unelected prowl

DB9

Confused by your reply. Did someone say those were? Misunderstanding?
The tobacco statement was a cack handed way of me saying to Ramone that just because it's online doesn't mean it's true, Like the website he quoted, Anyone can say something and say it's gospel true

IndoMike

The tobacco statement was a cack handed way of me saying to Ramone that just because it's online doesn't mean it's true, Like the website he quoted, Anyone can say something and say it's gospel true
Oh I get you. Sorry, I was a bit behind the action there.