• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

As per attachment . Why right wing conservatives tend to be skeptical about man-made global warming

IndoMike

Ramone.
The earth is polluted. You know, even in the Faroe Islands there has been a lot of research which has proven that eating whale meat is a risk to health due to! He high levels of mercury in the meat.
There is also a whole load of scientific evidence which proves that the climate is changing.
You argue that this warming is not man made whilst the majority of independent scientists say it is
This is not about point scoring or right wing v Liberals, it's about science and the effect of global warming (and pollution) on the planet.
It's a bit like smoking : you don't see the effect of smoking on a smoker day by day but over 50 years you do.
To politicize global warming trivialises it
But the main point is that assuming you have kids and grandchildren it is their future you are prepared to roll the dice on, not yours. And as the cliche goes, what are you going to say to them 30 years from now when they ask you why you didn't at least accept that our planet was suffering from global warming.
If course you are free to believe what you like, but on your conscience be it.
Look forward to Ramone's reply to this post when he has time.

DB9

My interpretation is that Ramone views this as a political issue, not a scientific issue. He associates global warming with a left-wing or liberal conspiracy and that is sufficient for him.
I'm not putting words in his mouth : just making a logical conclusion based on what he says.
Wouldn't imagine that the bosses of the fossil fuel industry and tobacco companies etc are your normal "Left Wing Liberal" ranters

tavyred

But I've never said that Indonesia is perfect, I started to mention the 2.4 m cases in the UK only in response to Tavy's childish attempt at point scoring when I raised the topic of chlorinated chicken. If he hadn't responded in the way he did with his usual pathetic attempt at deflection I wouldn't have mentioned the food poisoning cases in the UK. All I did was to ask what people thought about importing chlorinated chicken from the US. It was a question.
You can bring up the relative food standards of any country whenever you want, the issue I highlighted was your rather hypocritical statement that you would not eat US chlorinated chicken but you are seemingly comfortable eating the food in a country whose food standards are dire in comparison.
As you were rather sagely told last week, if you post something, own it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Of course I agree about Steele. He had the nerve to criticize Spitting Image for "ruining" his career whilst turning a blind eye to the horrendous Cyril Smith. He was made to look a little man in Spitting Image and that proved to be totally accurate. I hear and hope that he will be sued/tried for that.
But once again you missed my point, which was that Jason was bothered that Labour had made a big deal about Willy Waver and that I said the Tories would have done the same if it had been a Labour MP. I was talking about that and that only.
This constant reference to my comments but then raising a totally different issue is beyond the pale quite frankly.
And needless to say the Cyril Smith/ Steele case is far more serious.
Actually no I wouldn't. Had a Labour MP got his willy out during a spot of jolly japes over a decade ago with no harm done I'd have laughed along. You see, I have a sense of proportion and a sense of humour.

In these cases I would say "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". I'm sure nobody on here has done something silly on a night out that could be used against them maliciously.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Did any Labour members on here get their official e-mail from Big Johnny Mac urging them to vote for RWD?

I'm sure the Momentum-led NEC will bend their rules once again to say this is fine.

DB9

The Tories don't come out of this report either, As well as Cyril Smith for the Lib Dems former Tory MP Peter Morrison was "Cut some slack" when it was known by Tebbit and Thatcher that he had a thing for young boys and was caught on a train "Getting to know a lad better", They like Steele were more interested in saving the party's image and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, Resign and nothing more said, Same as Steele, Disgraceful

IndoMike

Actually no I wouldn't. Had a Labour MP got his willy out during a spot of jolly japes over a decade ago with no harm done I'd have laughed along. You see, I have a sense of proportion and a sense of humour.

In these cases I would say "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". I'm sure nobody on here has done something silly on a night out that could be used against them maliciously.
I said the Tories. Do you form the whole of the Tory race?. Read the post properly.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You said "You Toryboys". Elsewhere you seem to expect me to speak for the whole of the party, then when I say something like this you say I don't speak for the whole party. Make your mind up.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Maybe people would be less angry if he had put it in a pig?