• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Legohead

Banned
Spurs are terrible. Without Kane and Son and with Delli Alli not being up to champions league or top 6 prem quality then they are an average side. That said, Ampadu was outstanding last night. Well done Ethan.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I watched the match worrying that Ampadu might not play well or make a bad mistake. Silly me. He looked like a player who has 200 first team appearances. Admittedly Spurs were poor, allowing him to make forays into the other half, but his tackling, positioning, covering and passing were all top drawer.

He has had to wait longer than we'd hoped for his chance but boy did he take it.

Onwards and upwards. Now what's the route for ECFC to be fairly compensated?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aside from one missed header which nearly let Spurs in (by the looks he might have left it after getting a shout) he was outstanding last night.

Not Champions League, but can anyone guess the player who we signed but let go without playing a match, who a couple of seasons back played against Arsenal in the Europa League?
Rohan Ricketts ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Rohan Ricketts ?
No, although I think he played in the Europa League the season we later signed him (plus he played at least one match for us).

robchave

No, although I think he played in the Europa League the season we later signed him (plus he played at least one match for us).
No, he walked around on the pitch, I don't remember him actually 'playing' 😊

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trying to be optimistic about more money, he needs IIRC just three more Chelsea first team appearances before we get 250k for ten appearances since the Tribunal.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Aside from one missed header which nearly let Spurs in (by the looks he might have left it after getting a shout) he was outstanding last night.

Not Champions League, but can anyone guess the player who we signed but let go without playing a match, who a couple of seasons back played against Arsenal in the Europa League?
The bloke who's dad was an agent. Somebody Anderson? Somebody not his first name, he wasn't Nigerian

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The bloke who's dad was an agent. Somebody Anderson? Somebody not his first name, he wasn't Nigerian
Myles Anderson? Nope, not him.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Myles Anderson? Nope, not him.
Saw him play for us too.