• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just watched Confronting Holocaust Denial with David Baddiel on the iPlayer. Eye opening even if you think you know a lot about the subject.

DB9

From this day in 1976..Not a bad line up on BBC 1 in the evening.
Ellery Queen..
Warship
Play for Today..View attachment 1709
Good to see Vision On in the listings, A unique programme at the time for deaf children, Long before subtitles were accessable and the norm. Also I can remember Ellery Queen which I use to enjoy

Banksy

Good to see Vision On in the listings, A unique programme at the time for deaf children, Long before subtitles were accessable and the norm. Also I can remember Ellery Queen which I use to enjoy
Who would have thought that forty odd years later you would readily be able to access shows like Elley Queen on YouTube and play them on a little hand held computer or phone ? Now that’s sci fi. Some still stand the passage of time well and some seem corny today.

DB9

Does anyone else get frustrated in linking up the answers on Only Connect? Great programme though and hosted by the fragrant Victoria Coren Mitchell ( Loving sigh)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone else get frustrated in linking up the answers on Only Connect? Great programme though and hosted by the fragrant Victoria Coren Mitchell ( Loving sigh)
I do delight in getting them right, which happens probably about half the time.

My darling Victoria was looking particularly lovely on Monday night, I thought. David Mitchell is both a very funny man and a very lucky one. The swine.

DB9

I do delight in getting them right, which happens probably about half the time.

My darling Victoria was looking particularly lovely on Monday night, I thought. David Mitchell is both a very funny man and a very lucky one. The swine.
Oh she did indeed, lovely looking lady. Mrs DB9 says when we watch it I "sigh" slightly louder when she's on. I'm on about 25% correct answers. Mr Mitchell is indeed one lucky lad

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oh she did indeed, lovely looking lady. Mrs DB9 says when we watch it I "sigh" slightly louder when she's on. I'm on about 25% correct answers. Mr Mitchell is indeed one lucky lad
The Missus generally tends not to watch it with me as she can't stand her (mainly because I'm in love with her - deeply).

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

DB9

The Missus generally tends not to watch it with me as she can't stand her (mainly because I'm in love with her - deeply).
Can't disagree with one word of that but I will fight you for Ms Coren Mitchell's hand! 🤣🤣

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The trouble I have with Only Connect is when one of the nerds on a quiz team explains their answer I still don't have a feckin clue what they're on about.

Rosencrantz

The trouble I have with Only Connect is when one of the nerds on a quiz team explains their answer I still don't have a feckin clue what they're on about.
Yeah, but the sense of achievement when you get one right is like no other quiz on TV. And she had her hair tied back back this week 😍