• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Joker is a superb film.

LOG

The Hummingbird Project.

A slightly odd story about two people trying to lay fiber-optic cable between Kansas City and New York that's quicker than whatever they were already using.

It was inoffensive but pointless. I'd like to know how the idea was pitched to the production company.

Alistair20000

The Hummingbird Project.

A slightly odd story about two people trying to lay fiber-optic cable between Kansas City and New York that's quicker than whatever they were already using.

It was inoffensive but pointless. I'd like to know how the idea was pitched to the production company.
Is this a hidden 0/10 rating ?

LOG

Is this a hidden 0/10 rating ?
I'd give it a 3/10. When i read the synopsis i really couldn't work out what it was going to be about so gave it a go. The execution was all fine, it was just the slightly bizarre story.

elginCity

After reading rave reviews here and elsewhere, was excited to finally get to watch 1917.

The cinematography and visual attention to detail is superb, deserved Oscar there, but the storyline I found distinctly underwhelming, even though based on a true tale. Left feeling a tad disappointed, sadly .. 7/10

manc grecian

Mule. 90yr old Clint Eastwood becomes a drug runner over the Mexican border. Inoffensive, good humoured story lacking any real bite 6/10

Alistair20000

After reading rave reviews here and elsewhere, was excited to finally get to watch 1917.

The cinematography and visual attention to detail is superb, deserved Oscar there, but the storyline I found distinctly underwhelming, even though based on a true tale. Left feeling a tad disappointed, sadly .. 7/10
Can a story line based on what was a truly horrific war be overwhelming or as least not underwhelming Elgy ?

elginCity

Can a story line based on what was a truly horrific war be overwhelming or as least not underwhelming Elgy ?
Yes, I believe so. Found it a weak narrative, that attention to detail so evident in the scenery, wasn't in the script e.g the Devons without sentries in the wood, the shot down biplane heading straight at them under the barn, running through the cgi church ruin, the mum and baby bit, the storyline just wasn't credible at times for me. Take your point on the horrors of war, but many great films have been made on that topic, but this wasn't one of them, for me. Expectations were too high possibly, your fault ! :)

Mr Jinx

The Hummingbird Project.

I did see that pop up on Netflix the other day and was thinking how on earth they could make a whole film out of that plotline?

Watched Mouse Hunt again over the weekend. It hasn't aged at all - brilliant fun for the family. It's like Laurel and Hardy meets Home Alone.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gunfight at Abilene 1967. Bobby Darin ( yes indeed) , Leslie Nielsen ( in one of his many straight roles prior to Naked Gun , etc. )
Hadn’t seen this western before , and really enjoyed it., good story and acting . Based on a story ‘Gun Shy’. Darin returns from the Civil War afraid to use a gun and finding the town taken over by Nielsen and co.
The theme song and music was written and performed by Bobby Darin , who , for those who remember died tragically very young at 37. It’s worth it for the theme song ‘Amy’ itself one of the nicest opening western songs I’ve heard.Saw it on TCM but it is also available on YouTube. 9/10 from a western fan.
Not the first time Leslie Nielsen appeared in a western as he played a baddie alongside Glenn Ford in 'The Sheepman'.