• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth game moved to Monday night - confirmed

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'
I take your point Mike. I guess it's a case of trying to minimize risk. Like not wearing colours etc. It's difficult I suppose when lots of away fans will be heading back to the station as they are pretty much sitting ducks but that would be the case for a 3pm kick off. My point is that the bell ends planning to cause bother will likely do so regardless of kick off time because they are immensely stupid people. I accept though that in the cover of darkness it makes it easier for them and maybe some gaws fans may be swayed into doing something because it's dark.
I'm not trying to put people off going, but in a perfect world the fans should publicly announce a boycott of this match to give the TV ***** some bad publicity.
A Monday night is crazy. And for those who are not in great health and/or don't have their own transport, how the fark can they handle it?
The biggest match of the season farked up by TV. Thank you !

fred binneys head

This is life now with Sky. Premier league and championship supporters get this all the time. It’s a right pain in the £ucking arse but we’ve just got to suck it up.

I’ll have to take a day off and get home at 2am before getting up the next day for work, but I did that before in 2010 and look how that worked out....

IndoMike

This is life now with Sky. Premier league and championship supporters get this all the time. It’s a right pain in the £ucking arse but we’ve just got to suck it up.

I’ll have to take a day off and get home at 2am before getting up the next day for work, but I did that before in 2010 and look how that worked out....
How did it work out? Get fired?

Grecian2K

No need to get angry Lego old boy, fellow Grecian.

I like to go and watch a game of "footy" as well.
What I DON'T like is being herded into an ambush zone and then just left by the "authorities" to make my own escape....happened EVERY time recently at that Outland Road wasteland.

Anyway the "real old skool hoolies" have probably already have arranged their "meet"....probably in poor old Ashburton to avoid the old bill spoiling their fun.
(Just like that time in the bad old Conference days when the true Grecian "hardmen" pre-arranged to meet their Aldershot counterparts in an unsuspecting Woking just so that pc plod wouldn't spoil their day out)

Grecian2K

How did it work out? Get fired?
2am????? :eek:
Hopefully not fired...just tired!

IndoMike

No need to get angry Lego old boy, fellow Grecian.

I like to go and watch a game of "footy" as well.
What I DON'T like is being herded into an ambush zone and then just left by the "authorities" to make my own escape....happened EVERY time recently at that Outland Road wasteland.

Anyway the "real old skool hoolies" have probably already have arranged their "meet"....probably in poor old Ashburton to avoid the old bill spoiling their fun.
(Just like that time in the bad old Conference days when the true Grecian "hardmen" pre-arranged to meet their Aldershot counterparts in an unsuspecting Woking just so that pc plod wouldn't spoil their day out)
The irony is that if anything kicks off it will be the City fans who are blamed.
"City fan headbutts the bovver boots of five young, innocent Argyle fans down a dark alley". Read all abaht it

supernova

Well good luck mate if it's a Monday night.
I assume you're going.
Yep and it'll be totally fine like every other time we play there. Even the JPT - how many people actually had it come on top? Very few in reality...

Grecian2K

The irony is that if anything kicks off it will be the City fans who are blamed.
"City fan headbutts the bovver boots of five young, innocent Argyle fans down a dark alley". Read all abaht it
Indeed. Still remember that INFAMOUS bbc south west headline after that 2010 "riot"
"Disabled Septigenarian Grecian Fan attempts to rob innocent Argyle teen of 10p using forehead"
Nasty Natile loved reporting that one.

i8cornwall

I’m still going and the German lad from Nuremberg is changing his flights so he can still go.

Was only a few weeks ago that people where over the moon that we are on TV playing Pompey and now people are getting angry, can’t have it both ways ladies and gents.

TOP_CITY_FAN

I'

I'm not trying to put people off going, but in a perfect world the fans should publicly announce a boycott of this match to give the TV ***** some bad publicity.
A Monday night is crazy. And for those who are not in great health and/or don't have their own transport, how the fark can they handle it?
The biggest match of the season farked up by TV. Thank you !
So you want to boycott, therefore lowering the atmosphere in the away end, but watch it on TV, therefore justifying Sky’s decision to show it?