• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Parasite. Kermode described this as almost the perfect film. Not sure about that, but it is very good. Plenty of humour, as the family set themselves up (con) in to a rich family. Plenty of twists to keep you entertained and the film is worthy of the Oscar for best film. 9/10.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gunfight at Abilene 1967. Bobby Darin ( yes indeed) , Leslie Nielsen ( in one of his many straight roles prior to Naked Gun , etc. )
Hadn’t seen this western before , and really enjoyed it., good story and acting . Based on a story ‘Gun Shy’. Darin returns from the Civil War afraid to use a gun and finding the town taken over by Nielsen and co.
The theme song and music was written and performed by Bobby Darin , who , for those who remember died tragically very young at 37. It’s worth it for the theme song ‘Amy’ itself one of the nicest opening western songs I’ve heard.Saw it on TCM but it is also available on YouTube. 9/10 from a western fan.

grecIAN Harris

What I forgot to mention, is that the location seemed so familiar. I don't think any of it was filmed at Aldershot, but more likely that all army barracks etc were built the same way!
All forces quarters of a certain age look exactly the same. Certain styles indicate seniority of rank, ie you can tell the difference from an Officers quarter to those of the Junior Ranks.

Antony Moxey

Toy Story 4. As with a lot of series these days, each subsequent offering isn’t as good as the previous one - if it wasn’t for the money they generate they should never have gone past the first film. Dull, unfunny and nothing you haven’t seen before. I was bored pretty much from the off. Two Woodys out of ten Buzzes

grecIAN Harris

That sounds like you need to get a better vibrator.
Two Woodys out of ten Buzzes
Sounds like you need a better vibrator.

Antony Moxey

You can see why your stand up career never took off Harris.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Just endured the new Joker … WOW just as well my daughter really wanted to watch this film or it would have been binned in the first 20 minutes !
Kept looking over at Mrs Ramone for some sort of flicker of interest in the film but was left waiting and wanting , How the KCUF this got nominated let alone win an Oscar is beyond me.
Entertainment value 0/10 for any insomniacs out there this is well worth buying on dvd ! Mind numbingly boring springs to mind.
This will be in the bargain bin at all good charity shops very soon …….. and probably still wont be bought unless you want a replacement dvd case.

Banksy

Just endured the new Joker … WOW just as well my daughter really wanted to watch this film or it would have been binned in the first 20 minutes !
Kept looking over at Mrs Ramone for some sort of flicker of interest in the film but was left waiting and wanting , How the KCUF this got nominated let alone win an Oscar is beyond me.
Entertainment value 0/10 for any insomniacs out there this is well worth buying on dvd ! Mind numbingly boring springs to mind.
This will be in the bargain bin at all good charity shops very soon …….. and probably still wont be bought unless you want a replacement dvd case.
Sounds absolutely great , thanks for the warning. I sometimes think these critics and film reviewers are living on a different planet.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sounds absolutely great , thanks for the warning. I sometimes think these critics and film reviewers are living on a different planet.
Honestly PM me your address and I'll post it over to you !

Banksy

Honestly PM me your address and I'll post it over to you !
Thinks for all of two seconds and decides to give it a miss.