• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Town v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well done city.

Sounded like we had a good start and it felt like game won which can be dangerous. We need to work on being more clinical, but ten goals in three games which isn't bad. In many way I think it might suit us better playing Northampton when you don't expect to walk a victory.

I think as fans we can sometimes be quick to think it's all going to go wrong. The run in looks like it could be the tightest ever so we need to be strong on and off the pitch, and hope we can edge it. Hope they don't but can see the top three level on points after Tuesday night. Crewe and Plymouth will be huge games.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Pompey away now. They are likely to be favourites, but would be a huge confidence boost if we can get through. Need to be good at the back given their recent defensive record. Wonder if law or parkes will be able to feature? Maybe we will see Lee Martin, fisher and Holmes involved to change it slightly but think we need to be at our best to have a reasonable chance.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm at a party and I was only able to watch the last 15 minutes on my phone, but I just want to say that anyone who slags off Ryan Bowman the next time we lose a game needs their head checked.

Sorry a bit drunk

Grecian2K

Oh FFS Pate. :censored:

You only ever pop up at the bad moments. Only ever appearing like a suppurating Exeweb abscess if things look to be going awry (like a howler by our own glovesman, or one by the opponents custodian that "gifts" City an "underserved" goal. Or a "dodgy" decision by the "whistleman" - funny how they only ever seen dubious, to your jaundiced eyes, when they go in OUR favour isn't it.

And, in between times, when the players are putting together potentially promotion-worthy passages of play you carefully avert your fixated gaze (for home games at least) at THE DREADFUL GAP, just praying and waiting for the next Grecian mis-step.

Seriously pal, there's a "lovely" website situated just 40 miles down the A38 that would welcome your bitter, jaundiced prejudices. Who knows, their Fat Controller might even arrange to Fedex you regular supplies of "Gangster" pasties in to keep your anti-Grecian spleen properly nourished.

IndoMike

I'm at a party and I was only able to watch the last 15 minutes on my phone, but I just want to say that anyone who slags off Ryan Bowman the next time we lose a game needs their head checked.

Sorry a bit drunk
No they don't. You do

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Sorry a bit drunk
Dance on the table antman.

You know you want to.

Spoonz Red E

Thats as may be, but we're woefully short of attacking/goalscoring options. Again today, Bowman really was generally really poor, and for me, Ajose isnt far behind. Its a good thing other players are stepping up.
We've just scored 10 goals in three games.
Eight different scorers.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
.....and sing the Ryan Bowman song. Your mates will love it.

PeteUSA

We've just scored 10 goals in three games.
Eight different scorers.

Like I said, its a good thing OTHER PLAYERS are stepping up.

Exehausted

Interesting you rate Maxted ahead of Ward And Law of Jay.
That's my whole point, it would be my first choice, but the strength of the squad means that there are lots of different options. Lewis hasn't looked anywhere near as confident since he came back, but he's still a fine keeper. Maxted improved tremendously after a shaky start and he would get the nod from me but only just. Matt Jay has been brilliant in the last couple of games, but for me, Nicky's experience and calmness in the big matches would again put him just ahead.

Legohead

Banned

Sorry a bit drunk
The Turbowman!