• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mitrovic however is also a seasoned International footballer and someone who has had prior experience of the Premier League. It's daft to say it given how well Watkins has done thus far but any Prem club splashing the cash on him are still taking a risk and gambling on huge potential being fulfilled at the highest level. A bit like Man U with Dan James. So in that respect Mitrovic surely has to be worth more than Watkins.
Mitrovic also has a relegation on his CV.
I would say a better comparison is Jarrod Bowen, if he is worth £25 mn then Ollie must be worth 40

Corey

Mitrovic also has a relegation on his CV.
I would say a better comparison is Jarrod Bowen, if he is worth £25 mn then Ollie must be worth 40
What makes Ollie that much more expensive than Bowen??

denzel

Links up in a front three, scores more goals, and assists. I dont recall Bowen being talked up to the same extent by pundits on Sky for example.

grecIAN Harris

He's played for City and Bowen hasn't.😉

Corey

Links up in a front three, scores more goals, and assists. I dont recall Bowen being talked up to the same extent by pundits on Sky for example.
Bowen has 16 goals and 7 assists with a inferior Hull team around him and from the wing, I think Ollie’s better but not £15 million better.

Legohead

Banned
Bowen has 16 goals and 7 assists with a inferior Hull team around him and from the wing, I think Ollie’s better but not £15 million better.
This exactly. Bowen has literally carried Hull the past two seasons. Unlike Watkins he didn't have the luxury of playing with such subliminal and attack minded players like Maupay, Mbuemo and Benrahma to help him along.

Rosencrantz

This exactly. Bowen has literally carried Hull the past two seasons. Unlike Watkins he didn't have the luxury of playing with such subliminal and attack minded players like Maupay, Mbuemo and Benrahma to help him along.
I thought Ollie's teammates was a bit more obvious 😉. Predictive text eh...bah Hamburg 😆

BerksBee

Unlike Watkins he didn't have the luxury of playing with such subliminal and attack minded players like Maupay, Mbuemo and Benrahma to help him along.
You can also look at it in the opposite way. Bowen was a very good player in an average side, if anyone was going to score the goals it was going to be him. The jury's out on how well he'll do in a team of better quality players and at a higher level. Watkins is the better of the two and the price tag will reflect that IMO.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mitrovic however is also a seasoned International footballer and someone who has had prior experience of the Premier League. It's daft to say it given how well Watkins has done thus far but any Prem club splashing the cash on him are still taking a risk and gambling on huge potential being fulfilled at the highest level. A bit like Man U with Dan James. So in that respect Mitrovic surely has to be worth more than Watkins.
The flip side of this is that mitrovic has had a decent crack at top flight football and it seems as though he has a ceiling of being a high scoring championship player or pretty average at the top level. Watkins might be the same, but theres a chance he can also do well in top flight.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie is younger than Mitrovic and more importantly he's British. Prem clubs pay a premium for that.