• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automatic Promotion

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's turning into a poor L2 this season, with no standout team/s. No-one is currently playing well enough to really justify promotion. Swindon have lost 8 games. We have only scored 42 goals in 31.

Still +/- 15 games to go, Anyone from Newport (13th but with 2 games in hand) up is in with a shout of automatic promotion.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe the fact one or two teams aren’t running away with the league means it’s a good league, rather than a poor one?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Maybe the fact one or two teams aren’t running away with the league means it’s a good league, rather than a poor one?
Every season is a poor season for L2. It's an old cliche, see it said for the Prem every season as well!

haka

6 new teams join the division every season, and historically there have been 2 or 3 relegated teams doing well and often a promoted team (from Conference/Nat league) pushing on. So by that measure, the standard is poorer than usual this season.

exeter-loyal

If we can go on a good enough run there is no reason why we could win the league!

Grecian2K

Shouldn't that read "couldn't" win the league???:p
(Although, to take a contrarian view, a "bad enough run" could also still mean us mean us missing even the consolation prize of the play-offs. :( )

exeter-loyal

Shouldn't that read "couldn't" win the league???:p
(Although, to take a contrarian view, a "bad enough run" could also still mean us mean us missing even the consolation prize of the play-offs. :( )
Blame the iPad (y)

Pobbop

As Hants said, it is always the basement League, every year it's about the same and every year we get this "it's a poor League", don't get it myself do people expect brilliance, I never do.

Alistair20000

As Hants said, it is always the basement League, every year it's about the same and every year we get this "it's a poor League", don't get it myself do people expect brilliance, I never do.
Is the right answer.

Rosencrantz

I never get when a league is tight it seems automatic to say it's a poor league. Surely a tight league is a more entertaining league. Although Liverpool are walking away with the Prem (which is boring for everyone except Liverpool supporters), the rest of the league is very tight which gives it more interest.

The chase for fourth, the likes of Sheff Utd, Wolves, Everton (who were in the relegation zone 12 games ago) and others looking for European football, and an open battle to avoid relegation involving a number of teams.

The Championship looked like WBA and Leeds were walking away with auto promotion but now it's really tight again.

Give a competitive league, any day.