• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Disappointed to lose two on the spin after such a good run but we’ve got a couple friendly home games coming up in Stevenage and Oldham that you would expect us to win.....

Long way to go and there is no way Argyle or Crewe won’t drop points

I think Swindon will won the league but the other 2 spots are right up for grabs.

Dannyred

Probably just a few knobs which you're gonna get in an away following of that size. No big deal I wouldn't have thought.
Just wondering why it kicked off in the stands.

Legohead

Banned
Just wondering why it kicked off in the stands.
Always does these days doesn't it? (n)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
16 to go. No need to panic. We've had a blip but the table will change each week from now and by the time we play Pl*mouth their form will have dropped. Its still looking Rosy.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disappointed to lose two on the spin after such a good run but we’ve got a couple friendly home games coming up in Stevenage and Oldham that you would expect us to win.....

Long way to go and there is no way Argyle or Crewe won’t drop points

I think Swindon will won the league but the other 2 spots are right up for grabs.
Stevenage were useless in the leasing trophy and reports suggest they were pretty abject yesterday. However, such is my fear of Westley and his past record against us I can't help thinking this won't be as easy as the league table suggests.

grecIAN Harris

Stevenage were useless in the leasing trophy and reports suggest they were pretty abject yesterday. However, such is my fear of Westley and his past record against us I can't help thinking this won't be as easy as the league table suggests.
What record? A couple of wins in The Conference at Broadhall Way and what else?

DB9

16 to go. No need to panic. We've had a blip but the table will change each week from now and by the time we play Pl*mouth their form will have dropped. Its still looking Rosy.
I'm glad your crystal ball is working well

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

IndoMike

We've not conceded too many goals... Have a good defensive record. So people imagine we just sack our hard working front players who defend from the front, track back, put defenders under pressure, hold it up and win throws and free kicks all game. Replace them with players who can't do that, but are better finishers. Then we'll score more and nothing else will change. The goals conceded is all about the back three and the keeper... Some people don't seem to understand the game. Bowman might not be Roberto Baggio, but he offers an out ball...he wins it high up the pitch and brings players into play. There are a lot of players id rather be lining up against in league 2.

Can make the same argument for Lee Martin.

I'm all for Ajose, by the way, but when he plays, we gain something, but lose something.
Football is a squad game now, Edwin.
Apart from Bowman and Martin, we have Fisher, Jay, Ajose and Seymour as possible strikers. If they're not good enough why are they in the squad?
As I said somewhere today, our set up is a bit predictable. Maybe a combination not always including Bowman might work. Competition for places is only useful if the competition gets fair chances. In your own words Bowman has had three consecutive poor matches. So, give someone else a chance.

grecIAN Harris

We've not conceded too many goals... Have a good defensive record. So people imagine we just sack our hard working front players who defend from the front, track back, put defenders under pressure, hold it up and win throws and free kicks all game. Replace them with players who can't do that, but are better finishers. Then we'll score more and nothing else will change. The goals conceded is all about the back three and the keeper... Some people don't seem to understand the game. Bowman might not be Roberto Baggio, but he offers an out ball...he wins it high up the pitch and brings players into play. There are a lot of players id rather be lining up against in league 2.

Can make the same argument for Lee Martin.

I'm all for Ajose, by the way, but when he plays, we gain something, but lose something.
Ed, a simple fact of football. If you don't score goals, you don't win games. And as for trying to use the same arguement for Bowman and Lee Martin (presumably as a striker when we're talking about Martin), behave yourself. Bowman will score goals one way or another across a season. Lee Martin offers nothing in any way, shape or form.