• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boateng signs for MK Dons

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's Stansfield Mike. Please try to spell it properly.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's Stansfield Mike. Please try to spell it properly.
Yes. Stansfield. My apologies to the lad.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
According to Tagg in the E&E we got £55k for Boateng, after Crystal Palace took their 40%.

jimbo-gould

I’d say that’s a fair price. He’s done nothing since leaving.

budegrecian

So £55k & funds released in the budget which allowed us to sign Big Nige. Not a bad deal at all.

Boyo

According to Tagg in the E&E we got £55k for Boateng, after Crystal Palace took their 40%.
That means he was valued at £90k. If he was tearing L1 apart we'd probably all be moaning. As he isn't we are quietly content.

Colesman Ballz

Presumably there theoretically be 60% of any add ons too, although I am not holding my breath, as he doesn't seem to be playing much since Tis left, so it would take an age for appearance milestones to be met, and I can't see any club paying Dongs anything like £95K for his services, let alone over it.

Boyo

Presumably there theoretically be 60% of any add ons too, although I am not holding my breath, as he doesn't seem to be playing much since Tis left, so it would take an age for appearance milestones to be met, and I can't see any club paying Dongs anything like £95K for his services, let alone over it.
He's 24 now, so if his contract expires he can move for free.

Colesman Ballz

He's 24 now, so if his contract expires he can move for free.
Granted but his contract is likely to have been for a minimum of two years and perhaps even three, but I can't really see us receiving any future income from that source whatsoever. Don't mind if I'm proved wrong though ! LOL

Positive spin

Sounds like eventually we got quite a good outcome.
When on song he was brilliant but regrettably that was not very often and he frequently failed to play a full 90 minutes.
Big Nige is definitely the type of player we need in a League 2.