• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
My final words on this... this thread has already got more replies than the actual match day thread. Says it all. More influential than some will ever give credit, will be a tough act to follow for any new group.

UTC

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was the Liverpool game and banner your finest hour chaps ?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You really don’t get my point. Could never be arsed what the club thought as long as they let our materials in. They used our imagery all over the ground, it’s printed on massive signs, it’s on the twitter accounts, the 360 vids. Because it looked great.

I meant more within the fanbase, sort a garden out or paint a fence and you’re golden - get an atmosphere going in a stand far too big for this club on matchday and it brings out the nerds with their expert opinions. As I say, I’ve been doing this sort of thing on and and off for almost 10 years, it has always been the same so you become numb to it - just now looking back objectively I find it weird that people still get a kick out of smugly critiquing it when all other parts ofour fan-owned club are given the worship treatment.

Anyway, the bank goes back to what it was before. My prediction is someone will start up something new relatively quickly because it’s a bit bit boring up there otherwise.
Well, you know better than me. As far as I'm concerned, I respect what the RL did and looked great, but doesn't give you immunity from being laughed at.

Some of it is objectively funny. If people are out trying to ban it or being aggressive, that's a different story... I hope that's not the case.

But you can't be on here moaning that you've been had off by Colchester and you have to pack it in because of the rules of the game... And expect people to dish out sombre respect like they would if you'd painted fences.

i8cornwall

I actually thought this last night mate, could be couldn’t it, if this is the case are the ultras still live and kicking?
From looking at the picture I personally suspect it is students who have done it, which if true is interesting for a number of reasons.

Regardless who took it and we will probably never know, the group would still have to disband.

i8cornwall

Was the Liverpool game and banner your finest hour chaps ?
Liverpool and Portsmouth away is regarded as two of the highlights for us I’d say.

Redarrow

It was Colchester mate
Oh ok, well at least we know who to target next season, anyone working up that way over the course of the next few months ;)

Legohead

Banned
At least the RL didn't end up using those awful loudhailer things like they do at places like Sevilla and Marseille. The bloke at Marseille being particularly annoying resulting in me actually not watching any French football on BT when they are playing. They have some **** stood at the front of the crowd, usually atop a fence shouting rubbish into a loudspeaker, trying to 'orchestrate' the crowd which is generally made up of 15-30 year old males all wearing black puffer jackets and making a right racket. It's an unsolicited auditory assault. Christ knows why he pays to get in as he never sees any of the match!

Citygaff

I have been reading this thread since last night.

Firstly a big huge thank you to those involved in the Red Legion, you have done such a great job over the last few seasons. All for the benefit of the club and I dont care what others say the atmosphere you all create is brilliant, yes you will be missed.

Secondly i have been watching City for over 30 years, I stood on the big bank and cowshed, at no point was anything organised in the way the Red Legion have, you all need to look at what they have done for the club, if you want an atmosphere at the ground and dont want to chant yourself then leave those who do alone and support them. Those on at the Red Legion will also be the one moaning in a few weeks at the lack of atmosphere.

Thirdly, I am not and never have been a member of the Red Legion, in fact I have argued with some members sometimes. But they are not hypocrites, when started they had a code to follow and that is what they have done, so all involved be proud of yourselves for sticking to your values, dont be sad its over be proud you where part kf it.

Now we all need to remember that we are all in this together, we ALL need to stop snipping at each other and put all that energy into supporting Matt and the team, we could have such an amazing season, imagine a trip to Wembley and winning League Two?

Up the City

TOP_CITY_FAN

Yeah, it was definitely Colchester who took it. Had a mate who’s a Leeds fan based in Exeter in the away end, and he said they were singing about the fact they had our flag, during the game.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have been reading this thread since last night.

Firstly a big huge thank you to those involved in the Red Legion, you have done such a great job over the last few seasons. All for the benefit of the club and I dont care what others say the atmosphere you all create is brilliant, yes you will be missed.

Secondly i have been watching City for over 30 years, I stood on the big bank and cowshed, at no point was anything organised in the way the Red Legion have, you all need to look at what they have done for the club, if you want an atmosphere at the ground and dont want to chant yourself then leave those who do alone and support them. Those on at the Red Legion will also be the one moaning in a few weeks at the lack of atmosphere.

Thirdly, I am not and never have been a member of the Red Legion, in fact I have argued with some members sometimes. But they are not hypocrites, when started they had a code to follow and that is what they have done, so all involved be proud of yourselves for sticking to your values, dont be sad its over be proud you where part kf it.

Now we all need to remember that we are all in this together, we ALL need to stop snipping at each other and put all that energy into supporting Matt and the team, we could have such an amazing season, imagine a trip to Wembley and winning League Two?

Up the City
I think your post is the most appropriate on this subject...👍