• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage : EFL Trophy : MDT

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 version

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I watched Matt Taylor's post-match interview and he said (in other words) that Jay is the sub for Law, so of course it will be difficult for Jay to replace Law.
Somehow he hasn't been able to convince Tisdale or Matt T. There must be something lacking in his game.
I think it is the burden of the cursed shirt number 17.

The previous manager didn’t select the number 17 much either.;)

Red Bill

The Brentford 1st leg at Griffin Park cost the Grecians,loads of chances missed when 1-0 up to put the game to bed...2nd leg they went for the jugular early on & went 2 up quickly.

The PV game at SJP was bitterly disappointing the chance of Wembley snatched away late in the 2nd half...There were some right goons from Burslem around town that day.
We should have been out of sight by half time in the first leg against Brentford we were all over them. Didn't kill them off however and Alexander got an equaliser second half. Still looked favourites though as we were home for the second leg but we simply didn't show up and put in one the most insipid gutless performances i'd seen for a long time. I remember walking away feeling thoroughly let down.
Time to put that right!

Red Bill

Feel a bit sorry for Matt Jay. He nearly always performs well when called upon but just can't nail down a place in the 1st team.
His attitude is excellent considering how frustrating it must be for him.
I reckon he'll leave in the summer. He's way too good to be sitting on the bench and deserves to be playing regularly. I reckon most L2 clubs would snap him up!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon he'll leave in the summer. He's way too good to be sitting on the bench and deserves to be playing regularly. I reckon most L2 clubs would snap him up!
He is a great player but I cannot see another club giving him any more opportunities than we are. I think he knows this and this will influence his decision on whether to stay or not.

tonykellowfan

Also jay is a member of a squad that could well be promoted to league 1. No league 1 team is going to take him so why should he leave?

Coppers

Without wishing to tempt fate, or get too far ahead of ourselves, would be great to play Portsmouth in the final.

Firstly, it should ensure a decent crowd and, secondly, assuming the gate receipts are shared, we could do very well out of it financially!
Neither club will get any of the gate receipts unfortunately but 100k for the winner.

CWH-NYC_

Watch the Man U. match vs Burnley now , think our boys of last night might have bettered our last appearance there. :ROFLMAO:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A couple of words about Jaydon Richardson - he was much better last night than he has been of late (possibly because he was being played in his natural position); he also performed the flounciest teenage sulk I've seen in a good while, taking longer to walk around the perimeter of the pitch than Aaron Davies used to spend in front of the mirror getting his quiff just right.
Jayden did very well for the first goal. We may not see the best of him this season but I’m convinced he’ll go on and have a very good career.

Red Bill

Also jay is a member of a squad that could well be promoted to league 1. No league 1 team is going to take him so why should he leave?
Because he's a footballer and he's not getting the chance to play football. Personally I think he'd be just as comfortable in L1 as any of our other current players. However seeing as he's barely getting a look in now, I find it unlikely he'd get any more gametime if we got promoted, so you could just as easily ask why would he stay?
I don't agree with Martin's opinion, I think he's a very good player who's easily good enough for anyone in L2, the trouble is he's not getting an opportunity to make his mark and get noticed.