• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Bittners a Legend

As expected and discussed previously, this formation suits him much better. Him, Law and Bowman linking up is a tantalising prospect when all are fit and firing.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did anyone watch the game who can give an update how AJose played? Scored 2 in 2 in the leasing cup.

I honestly can not wait for AJose to be back to full fitness and start his promotion campaign.
Easily his best outing in a City shirt - he looked noticeably sharper even than in the Ipswich game. He has a real finisher's instinct for goal, & he did a lot that was impressive last night. Linked up very well with Joel Randall, & looked like he had a good partnership with RyBo.

He doesn't have the energy & drive of Lee Martin - but I think that he will soon replace Martin as a regular starter up front alongside Bowman.

budegrecian

Surely he's bound to play against swindon having played for them and scored a hatful.
Having now lost both Yates & Doyle, couls Swindon now be lining up a large bid for him? :)

Ian Russon

Having now lost both Yates & Doyle, couls Swindon now be lining up a large bid for him? :)
It's interesting about Swindon, Loosing two vital players and loosing last week, it could our title to take.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure I know what a fully firing Ajose looks like but as well as he played last night I reckon there's still a bit more to come which can only be a good thing as we get towards what Pate would call the business end of the season.

STURTZ

We've got an excellent defensive record and our midfield have been, and again will be, noticeably better with the return of Big Nige, all we need is the forward line to start firing and we'll have a team that can go all the way!

IndoMike

We just seem to be getting stronger and stronger with an embarrassment of Div 2 riches. Suddenly we're all talking about Randall and Ajose and even Matt Jay and Atangana and he new bloke Dickensen (sp). And Maxted

AB Ciren

It's interesting about Swindon, Loosing two vital players and loosing last week, it could our title to take.
That’s what happens when you have 5 loan players in your starting 11

C j phill

Ajose was making good runs between their defenders last night. Unfortunately our players with the ball either did not spot or weren't looking for his sprints forward. If Matt Taylor can get them more alert for his runs and work on how Ajose can form a partnership with Bowman, we should have a very productive forward line.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ajose was making good runs between their defenders last night. Unfortunately our players with the ball either did not spot or weren't looking for his sprints forward. If Matt Taylor can get them more alert for his runs and work on how Ajose can form a partnership with Bowman, we should have a very productive forward line.
I was a little bit surprised that Bowman started last night. Presumably part of the reason was to counter the inevitable physical challenge of Stevenage but I guess Matt Taylor also wanted to give Bowman and Ajose a chance to play together and develop an understanding.