• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Social media presence

Scott_Palfrey

Thank you for this thread, it's amazing to see such positive comments. We are a very small team with no budgets but do as much as we can because of our love of the club (for me, i've been a fan since 96 and the Sheffield Wednesday friendly at SJP, spent most of my youth on the bank so it's weird to not have been watching from there the last 3 years!

With regards to away games we do post galleries on the social media sites but happy to include them on the website if people consume easier that way? Any other ideas that people have then we are happy to look into it - time is always an issue and we just about get through what we plan for each week!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We're all grateful that it is run professionally and therefore respectful. The accounts used by those down the road is too often embarrassing!

Loved the response to Sweeney announcing his partner was pregnant, by saying "another assist"?

Scott_Palfrey

We're all grateful that it is run professionally and therefore respectful. The accounts used by those down the road is too often embarrassing!

Loved the response to Sweeney announcing his partner was pregnant, by saying "another assist"?
Had to be done that one - tried to add a little more humour this season, but also in a respectful way!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I mentioned this on Twitter a while back, our social media team punch far above their weight, they are fantastic and a huge asset for the club. The quality of what they produce as well as the creativity and the humour shown throughout, is something that makes me very proud of my club. I just hope Scott has signed a contract with us in case Chelsea or Fulham come after him......

Legohead

Banned
My only concern about the top heavy use of social media for organizations is that it tends to become the default way of communicating with customers / potential customers. I fully understand 'online' is the way of the world today and tomorrow but I do feel that some clubs and indeed organizations simply over rely on their use of their social media sites as the generic way and the only way of engaging with customers / fans.

Engagement and interaction takes all forms.

I've seen some clubs twitter feeds and websites and they've just really become a conveyor belt to promote tickets and merchandise etc and don't really engage or offer anything different other than plugging tickets etc. Just really glorified classifieds. Nothing of interest or social interest in there at all. They smack of laziness, disinterest and apathy which is an often an indicator of how the club is run behind the scenes generally. In effect they may as well put up a sign saying, 'Nothing to see here'.

The social media profiles of ECFC prove that those responsible for running the club and also the social media / fan engagement side of the club are passionate about the club, passionate about the city, passionate about football and passionate about us all as supporters of this immersive and inclusive football club.

Keep up the excellent work!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's a fair point.
And tbf, the content is generally the same stuff across them so you're not missing out

Have to echo what's being said, the videos are great and the twitter feed is actually worth following

Legohead

Banned
I tend to use the official website most. I do look at the twitter feed now and then although i'm not registered and I don't follow it or get updates etc. I don't use facebook or even view facebook at all and have no idea if there any other social media sites. If there are then obviously I don't use them because I don't know they exist. It makes sense though as you say Max that the club put similar content across all sites.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can only echo the praise for the excellent work Scott, Simon and everyone else at City do. It's easy to take it for granted and assume other clubs are doing the same but that's not the case. I like to find out what opposition managers have to say and it's amazing how few clubs manage to post something as simple as a post-match interview. And I've certainly seen very few clubs, if any, do anything similar to our 360 videos.

Legohead

Banned
It's a lack of effort, a lack of focus and lack of interest in their own fans that is responsible for clubs offering zero engaging content on their social media.

Scunthorpe United for example are one of the clubs I take an interest in and if you check our their twitter and the last Lord knows how many posts it's simply a list of adverts to try and sell tickets, calendars, mugs, training wear, the carvery in the restaurant, birthday cards, hospitality etc. There is absolutely nothing of interest for fans. It would be easy to soon be bored of it and not bother visiting again.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well our SM is certainly a lot better than a premiershite club we are playing today, only one message no photos and despite having a dedicated page to the match no updates. Keep up the good work boys