• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought I' have a bash starting this thread since I've been lucky for the boys in the past. I'm taking it no ifollow coverage so will be looking to the Hartlepool site for live commentary.

Rog H K

Safe trip up one and all. It's a long old poke on a Tueday night in December. £54k to the winner with a winnable round 3 match ahead, so come on you rip roaring Grecians.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
An important game with a decent financial reward if we win and a potential bigger windfall to come.

Fair play to those who travel to Hartlepool for a Tuesday night game.

STURTZ

What a long and miserable trip for the boys! I imagine the coach crawling through the wind and rain, the solitary hunched figure of Jonny Maxted sitting alone at the back gazing through the foggy window and imagining what might have been.

IndoMike

Hopefully they went up yesterday : taking it slow..

iscalad

Hopefully they went up yesterday : taking it slow..
They did go up yesterday

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I would love to have gone to this, but an 8am start tomorrow means it's not possible. Will be listening in to Radio Devon on iFollow.

Hope the players have learnt from the first game, and are ready to do battle for 90+ minutes.

Jason's preview

Legohead

Banned
Be an expensive trip if the game ends up being postponed. Even if the game goes ahead, the forecast conditions will make it almost farcical. The pitch will be heavy and 50 mph winds and rain. I'm not happy about the conditions tonight tbh as it will be a leveller for both sides I feel. Anyone making the trip up today is insane, but in a good way. ;)

IndoMike

They did go up yesterday
Logical. Bonding time, too 👍

AL_Yates

I have the advantage of planets aligning for this one in terms of time off from my business. Quieter time of year in my game. So leaving in a few hours after some paperwork. There will be a few noisy City fans at the game. Probably taking my banner up as well for the first time in years. Safe travels for all the City fans, especially home as there will be night closures I believe on the M42 north of Birmingham and no doubt some more up north. Feels like a Scunthorpe all over again. Look out for a white BMW with City colours up if you are driving.

UTC

Al