• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EXETER CITY V NORTHAMPTON TOWN MDT

CC

It's not often in a game when you think to yourself "We really could with a fourth goal"!
Unless you are RHK!

Stelios

Unless you are RHK!
Did he cash out at 3-1?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did he cash out at 3-1?
I doubt it.
We were well on top at that score & knowing Roger he would have held on.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Savour and enjoy! Highlights from yesterday

TSW1389

Savour and enjoy! Highlights from yesterday

That's cross by Sparkes is out of this world!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's cross by Sparkes is out of this world!
Really looking forward to the 360 to see some different angles of all the goals.

IndoMike

Pleased to see Aaron Martin doing so well.
Whatever the problem was last season he seems to be enjoying his football now and making an important contribution.
Great stuff, Aaron.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with most of that apart from the bit about Williams. The goal and setting up the second (which, incidently, came from the left) he was his usual predictable self. Jink, jink, jink, cut back on to left and get smothered. He gives Sweeney very little movement to pass to (probably because he doesn't trust his own control on his right foot enough).
Randell scored a goal, set up another and was heavily involved in the build-up to the third. Just how much does he have to contribute before you admit he's playing well and doing his job for the team. After all no player has created more goals in league 2 this season. And yes, I know he can still improve but I'm happy with how much he's improved already and just hope we get to watch him for the rest of the season.

IndoMike

Randell scored a goal, set up another and was heavily involved in the build-up to the third. Just how much does he have to contribute before you admit he's playing well and doing his job for the team. After all no player has created more goals in league 2 this season. And yes, I know he can still improve but I'm happy with how much he's improved already and just hope we get to watch him for the rest of the season.
Harris forgets that there is an advantage to Williams stopping and turning to cross with his left foot : it means he can shoot or put in those dangerous inswinging balls aimed at the far post..
As you say, if it was such a disadvantage how come he has the greatest number of assists?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased to see Aaron Martin doing so well.
Whatever the problem was last season he seems to be enjoying his football now and making an important contribution.
Great stuff, Aaron.
Totally agree. Rightly or wrongly, the perception last season was that this was the sort of physical game that wouldn't suit him but he was absolutely up for the fight yesterday. And I love the fact that a sliding last-ditch goal-saving tackle has become known as doing an Aaron Martin!