• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Attendances and January Window

ryancooper327

Interesting to know who the other player Martin is alluding to that could be on the move?

Still 7 weeks for the window to open and plenty of time for speculation, how about Lee Holmes to Torquay?
Jay...? Not sure anyone would take a punt on Holmes

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone did on Brown

Red Bill

Also, didn't we have to give Watford a very high sell on percentage just to be able to sign him ? (50% ????)
I think that's right CB, which is why given Watford also have a vested interest, I wonder if he may have signed for longer, to give both of us a chance of making some money.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that's right CB, which is why given Watford also have a vested interest, I wonder if he may have signed for longer, to give both of us a chance of making some money.
Bill - I agree there is no evidence about the length of his contract but I think Randell’s situation shows the dilemma. We signed him in January, so the natural assumption is that a two and a half contract would make sense - so until summer 2021. But that precisely coincides with the first window when he could move for free.

So would we have signed Randell on a three and a half year deal? And if we did offer him that, would he have agreed to it? Or insisted on a release clause at a reasonable fee as a quid pro quo?

Better odds perhaps on Lewis Ward having signed a 3 year contract this summer at age 22.

Red Bill

Bill - I agree there is no evidence about the length of his contract but I think Randell’s situation shows the dilemma. We signed him in January, so the natural assumption is that a two and a half contract would make sense - so until summer 2021. But that precisely coincides with the first window when he could move for free.

So would we have signed Randell on a three and a half year deal? And if we did offer him that, would he have agreed to it? Or insisted on a release clause at a reasonable fee as a quid pro quo?

Better odds perhaps on Lewis Ward having signed a 3 year contract this summer at age 22.
Ah yes, i'd forgotten he was a January signing.

StudentGrecian

Also, didn't we have to give Watford a very high sell on percentage just to be able to sign him ? (50% ????)
I've also read 50% somewhere else, surely that means we would be looking for big money if anyone comes in for him. If that figure is true, it makes it very unlikely he will be going anywhere this season.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
What happens if Watford sign him from us. Do they just get a 50% discount on the price?!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Watching the interview on the official site it doesn't sound like Randell is totally settled in the area so it would seem likely he might move on next summer; if he keeps improving that should net us a decent profit and hopefully some of our youngsters will be ready to take his place in the first team.

budegrecian

Watching the interview on the official site it doesn't sound like Randell is totally settled in the area so it would seem likely he might move on next summer; if he keeps improving that should net us a decent profit and hopefully some of our youngsters will be ready to take his place in the first team.
From what I'm hearing, Joel Randall will soon be ready to take his place.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
On top of the increased attendances we have seen recently we have also banked some prize money from Leasing.com comp.

We will have further gate money from Tuesday and hopefully prize money (£36,000) (although not guaranteed).

If we progress this sets us up nicely for further gate monies (45%) which would be outside budget and potential prize money (£54,000), and being a league club taking on non league opposition presumably small amount of television money for probably a Sunday fixture.

So hopefully Tueday the players turn up as it could well be worth a further £100000 + which could go towards the January window and the few tweaks that are needed

Last edited: