• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The FA Cup Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have we ever played Harrogate?
No..I visited a few seasons ago.

A memorable stop in Harrogate occurred when both supporters coaches stopped en route to Darlington in 1992 for the last game of the season.
A nice couple of pubs visited to kill a bit of time

Legohead

Banned
I went to an FA Cup tie there with some Torquay fans one night about 10 years ago. It ended 0-0, went to extra time and pens which lasted forever and Torquay won in the end. It was bloody freezing. They had a slope on the pitch akin to Underhill and i'm pretty sure it was turf but like a farmers field.

Oldsmobile-88

4g pitch.They have invested some serious money there.

IndoMike

So - hopefully- we have 2 FA Cup home games to come and then the excitement of the 3rd round draw.
Not counting any chickens, but let's hope all goes well and that we can keep the bank manager happy, too

denzel

So - hopefully- we have 2 FA Cup home games to come and then the excitement of the 3rd round draw.
Not counting any chickens, but let's hope all goes well and that we can keep the bank manager happy, too
We only keep 45% of the gate receipts from a home cup tie. The money for winning each round is very handy though

IndoMike

We only keep 45% of the gate receipts from a home cup tie. The money for winning each round is very handy though
Yep. Winning is the thing. If we're lucky we can get to.the 3rd round and win the lottery.

Oldsmobile-88

Yep...I doubt that the club received more than £8k on Saturday after deductions,expenses & will not make a great deal more(on gate revenue) for the replay next Tuesday.
That puts the £36k for winning into perspective.

Ashford Grecian

Not getting ahead of ourselves, BUT this a great chance to reach the 3rd round surely........

Oldsmobile-88

Not getting ahead of ourselves, BUT this a great chance to reach the 3rd round surely........
Yep...

Were you by any chance in the Cornerhouse pub in Cambridge for the Cup & League games ?
I saw a chap with a Stansfield shirt on with another city lad & have just noticed you avatar with the Stansfield shirt.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Currently 1-1 between the greenies to the right of us and monkey hangers

Also discovered where Mr D'Ath has ended up