• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have watch this site for many years and it never amazes me when things do not go right it goes into melt down it is quite amusing. Maybe constructive criticism rather slagging. Makes me laugh🤣🤣🤣
We have just been stuffed 4 - 0, I'd say the reaction thus far has been very mild.

I suggest you need to develop your understanding of what meltdown means, there has been no meltdown on here.

Legohead

Banned
Really bad day at the office today. They happen. We are still doing amazingly well and have the chance to put things back on track quickly at a struggling Scunthorpe on tuesday ready for the biggie next weekend.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not the result you want when your going into the week which is going to establish ourselves as auto promotion contenders!

Probably the first time this season we have played a team which is better than us and yet they were supposed to be crap! Matty is right to say we lost heavily because we threw everything at it and left gaps but having Bowman and Fisher up front is the waste of a shirt for me, also fail to see the point of Lee Martin but what do I know?.

All in all, I can only imagine we thought we were better than we are and paid the price.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
having Bowman and Fisher up front is the waste of a shirt for me, also fail to see the point of Lee Martin but what do I know?.
Who are you playing up front ?

exeter-loyal

All in all, I can only imagine we thought we were better than we are and paid the price.
Let's hope we don't take Scunthorpe for granted Tuesday night.

grecIAN Harris

Who are you playing up front ?
I think what Sturtz means is playing Bowman and Fisher together is a waste of a shirt as they are one of the same in terms of style and would rather a different type of player up there. I quite agree with him. I know Sturtz would love to see Matt Hay up there instead of Lee Martin.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Afraid we need to play a proper striker instead of Bowman. Puts in a shift and unsettles defenders but unfortunately is very poor at football, means he is an irregular scorer and really difficult to play alongside.
Bowman needs a rest.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen the goals, the first two were not Maxted's fault, for the third one where the fook were our defenders, the final goal is a goalkeeping error however it was unfortunate as Maxted thought he was going to catch the ball over the line.

I certainly would not be blaming Maxted for the defeat today.

Oldsmobile-88

Heads dropped too quickly at 0-2 against a Cambridge team missing a few players due to injury.

The turning point(at 0-1)was Lee Martin being played in behind a static Cambridge defence,having a lot of time to make a decision about shooting & allowing a covering defender to make a excellent tackle(if he had got it wrong,a penalty & red card)

Randell Williams player well at times,but over cooks,when he should be looking to release the ball.

grecIAN Harris

Heads dropped too quickly at 0-2 against a Cambridge team missing a few players due to injury.

The turning point(at 0-1)was Lee Martin being played in behind a static Cambridge defence,having a lot of time to make a decision about shooting & allowing a covering defender to make a excellent tackle(if he had got it wrong,a penalty & red card)

Randell Williams player well at times,but over cooks,when he should be looking to release the ball.
A proper striker buried that chance Martin had without even thinking. If Seymour is in that position, he scored. If Ajose is in that position m, he scored. You all moaned when Tisdale played square pegs in round holes, what's changed?