• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Worst Ever Performance

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surprised no one has mentioned Canvey Island at home circa 2008. Close to the worst performance, certainly my worst day!
Forgot about that one, what a stinker...

Assume this is the one you meant https://www.skysports.com/football/exeter-vs-canvey-island/52624

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
That game ruined the pitch for the rest of the season - Inglethorpe was furious the week after.
Anything passed wide down the Flybe Stand side just came to a halt in the puddles.

grecianstew

Forgot about that one, what a stinker...

Assume this is the one you meant https://www.skysports.com/football/exeter-vs-canvey-island/52624
Could be another contender but I’m not sure that’s the one I’m thinking of. I thought it was much further in to autumn than that - the wettest and coldest I ever remember watching football in! - and I would have bet my house on it being 0-2. However my memory isn’t as good as I remember it being so anything is possible.

chunkymorrinmunter

Something that got me thinking today, whats the worst ever performance you've ever seen us play?

being a relatively new fan to Exeter City, mine has to be the way Paul Tisdale played us at Wembley. not the worst for goals against us, I'm sure there is worse but for the sudden decline in moral and the way we played after having such an amazing second half to the season, i thought it was written in the stars that we would win. It taught me never to expect anything ever again. still bitter about the whole thing :)
wrexham away circa 2002,under John Cornforth,lost 0 .4 nightmare evening match.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Could be another contender but I’m not sure that’s the one I’m thinking of. I thought it was much further in to autumn than that - the wettest and coldest I ever remember watching football in! - and I would have bet my house on it being 0-2. However my memory isn’t as good as I remember it being so anything is possible.
This one?

grecianstew

This one?

That seems more like it!! No idea how the game was allowed to continue. As someone said, the pitch was destroyed, not just for the rest of that season.

haka

A lot of love (?) on this thread for the Brentford 1-7. Still their club record away win (do something about that please, Ollie W).

What stuck in the mind was that the Cowshed were literally cheering on Brentford by the end. Moaning at defeats happens all the time, but switching sides? Ah, happy days.

(And this was under one of our most successful managers ever. Imagine the bad ones ...).

Red Devon

wrexham away circa 2002,under John Cornforth,lost 0 .4 nightmare evening match.
Remember listening to that stinker on the radio 😟

Red Devon

Chesterfield away Autumn of 1984 at Saltergate is another that’s always stuck in my mind 5:1 defeat with downpours of rain the whole game think Ray Pratt got our consolation near the end.

andrew p long

7-1 away defeat at Scunthorpe wasn’t much fun either...