• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was. I'm surprised more unscrupulous defending sides haven't abused this rule yet this season when under pressure. Look how cynical watching Wycombe over the past few years make one 😀.
Wycombe have already suffered this season when a goal was scored while one of their players was down in the head injury. Far be it for me to suggest that the ref might have been influenced by the record of play-acting and not believed the player was actually injured.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite unbelievable. That Maxted save was good, but all the 'wordlie' bollox is ridiculous. Maxted dived, and more by luck than judgement found his hands directly behind what was a poor header. He could hardly not stop it. Their player headed the ball straight ahead where Maxted was instead of puting it to one side or the other for a definite goal. A very poor goal attempt given the entire goal was gaping. Maxted did well positioning wise to get to the right spot, but please? The first save he made where he parried the ball to safety was better.

Positive spin

It must be a first for me but I agree with Pete.
Seeing it live I thought it was an absolutely brilliant save but watching it on TV it was just very good.
How many times in the past have City given us a last 10 minutes of torture as they face sustained pressure trying to hang on to a single goal lead. With the introduction of Fisher (who did some good hold up play by the FGR corner flags) City for once closed the game down with minimal stress for the fans. Something MT presumably has had them practicing?
At corners the standard City approach now seems to have Law and Williams together to take it. Whilst this means that the opposition send two players over all City then do is lob it into the box. How a bit of variation / imagination to make use of two of our most skilful players.

pct333

Exeter 1 Forest Green 0 :

pct333

That Jonny Maxted save :

pct333

The reaction at the end of the game :

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Pete, you love the banter!
And his fishing skills are getting better ! I just read the entire thread no praise for Matt and the team as such just the normal blowing smoke up the ref's ar$e , no mention of Bowman's goal and as for Jonny … Well he just happened to be in the right place at the right time !
Dread to think how many posts there would have been if the FGR goalie had saved ours , It would have been "amazing shot stopper" lol

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Maxted in the EFL's team of the week!

iscalad

That Jonny Maxted save :

You can clearly hear someone say "They've scored" before that save.

denzel

Great save by Maxted. Outstanding, just going by the reaction of the Players. The view from directly behind it confirmed this.

Of course, there are some on here who would describe Gordon Banks save from Pele as quite ordinary. I will let you wonder who they might be, and their motives