• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

TSW1389

Unbelievable. Going on about Forest Green players throw ins, and 75% of the throws Randell Williams takes are foul throws!
Sorry am I on the wrong thread? Thought this was the match day thread?! Just making an observation

Yes most throw ins are foul throws it seems but throwing the ball in without going behind his head and then both feet of the ground was embarrassing!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I reckon dear old Pate must be Brett Huxtables godfather!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Enjoy! The 360 version

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
My apologies to Nicky Law, who I said earlier in the thread has never played at a higher level, and of course he has. I mean I'm sure City players are not daft enough to read these threads, so apologies to everyone else for not checking my facts really.

Pobbop

Think Sparkes crossing is one of the main plus points of this season, his delivery is excellent, and may get us a lot of cash. It's a big thing in modern football, a defender who can hit in strong crosses.

Larry Wilkie

Just in case anyone was in any doubt about THAT save, a couple of different angles here. Looks a worldie to me!!

Exehausted

Just in case anyone was in any doubt about THAT save, a couple of different angles here. Looks a worldie to me!!
I think, as others have said, you needed to be there to appreciate how good it was. The FGR player was inside the 6 yard box and the ball came to him at pace and the perfect height. He connected well and it was wide of Jonny and he had to anticipate it. In that split second as the ball comes over you know that we are going to concede and you get that sinking feeling. All literally in a heat beat. Then wow, he saves it and what a feeling. The players knew that he had earned us two points as well. On the 360 you can see the players rush up to him to congratulate him at the final whistle. That save will live long in the memory.

Larry Wilkie

I think, as others have said, you needed to be there to appreciate how good it was. The FGR player was inside the 6 yard box and the ball came to him at pace and the perfect height. He connected well and it was wide of Jonny and he had to anticipate it. In that split second as the ball comes over you know that we are going to concede and you get that sinking feeling. All literally in a heat beat. Then wow, he saves it and what a feeling. The players knew that he had earned us two points as well. On the 360 you can see the players rush up to him to congratulate him at the final whistle. That save will live long in the memory.
Yes indeed, I was on the Bank right behind the goal and had given it up as a goal, so I know exactly what you mean, and also saw the players run over at the final whistle.

As you say it will live long in the memory.

OmanGrecian

Yes indeed, I was on the Bank right behind the goal and had given it up as a goal, so I know exactly what you mean, and also saw the players run over at the final whistle.

As you say it will live long in the memory.
I celebrated the save as if City had scored a goal.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Law had already missed the ball that was played across by Bowman which was a bad miss, but then was taken out late by their defender who was trying a desperate block tackle. Outside the box an easy free kick to give but rarely given in the penalty area. It's like you had your chance, so what if you're hit after. One of the games inconsistencies.
Watching the highlights it's hard to tell whether the defender put Law off but as the defender gets nowhere the ball and completely takes Law out it surely should have been a penalty.