• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I understood correctly, Jay's transfer didn't come under the EPPP rules, but was a negotiated transfer.
Was that because Fulham couldn't be tossed with tribunals et al, Hants, so they offered more than the probable going rate, or for another reason. I don't know myself.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can I refer you to the club statement on #1 of the thread...

IndoMike

Can I refer you to the club statement on #1 of the thread...
You can. But I still don't know why it didn't come under the EPP rules. The club says Fulham paid more than they had to, but what would be the standard fee anyway , i.e paid more than what?
I'm sure I"m missing something here.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can. But I still don't know why it didn't come under the EPP rules. The club says Fulham paid more than they had to, but what would be the standard fee anyway , i.e paid more than what?
I'm sure I"m missing something here.
Jay Stansfield was 16 and had been offered a professional contract by Exeter City. Therefore EPPP did not apply to the transfer. However, because he hadn't played first team football, it was unlikely that a tribunal would award a significant compensation fee. I guess the Club felt what Fulham offered was more than they would have got from a tribunal (although still a poultry amount).

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess the Club felt what Fulham offered was more than they would have got from a tribunal (although still a poultry amount).
Chicken feed!

CC

Chicken feed!
And we're still crying fowl months later!

Banksy

And we're still crying fowl months later!
Yes , the yoke was certainly on us .

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eggselent banter 😆😆😆

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eggselent banter 😆😆😆
Is it fair to say that Jay was poached from Exeter or is my head completely scrambled?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it fair to say that Jay was poached from Exeter or is my head completely scrambled?
You're probably suffering from shell shock.