• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We drove over the mountains coming down near Tolmin this afternoon, but we needed to get to the airport. Would like ke to do again sometime.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
My son is dead keen on us both going to Singapore so I can take a nostalgic look around the places I frequented all those years ago. Needless to say that I'll fail to mention such dreadful establishments such as the New and Old Tokyo Bar. Still, that trip is deffo in the pipeline for next year.

Meanwhile having already spent 2 weeks at the Warren I gearing up for another visit the beginning of next month.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
My son is dead keen on us both going to Singapore so I can take a nostalgic look around the places I frequented all those years ago. Needless to say that I'll fail to mention such dreadful establishments such as the New and Old Tokyo Bar. Still, that trip is deffo in the pipeline for next year.
A friendly word of warning, Stuffers. I found Singapore had changed beyond recognition, it'll be nothing like you remember it ! :D Still, it'll be great to spend some quality time with your lad exploring the shiny 'new' Singers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Currently looking at a holiday doing the Caucasus which would be nice if we could do both the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. Travelling through Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan. 15 nights. Will be interesting!

IndoMike

Our holidays are over now so back to reality 🙄 . Hope you all have had a good time on your travels if already back home.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just back from our last summer holiday of the year. Stayed on the Ring of Kerry (N70), between Waterville (loved by Charlie Chaplin) and Sneem. We were about 500ft up with views on most days across Derrynane Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean. We got some very nice weather, but a bit chilly in the evening. Some of the mornings the cloud was so low, that we couldn't even see the hedge! A beautiful place.

Attachments

Red Devon

Time seems to be running out for Thomas Cook

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Time seems to be running out for Thomas Cook
Which will be sad. How many jobs?

They're very much part of the history of foreign travel for Brits. Organising the first trips and writing the first travel guides aimed at the 'ordinary' traveller.

IndoMike

Which will be sad. How many jobs?

They're very much part of the history of foreign travel for Brits. Organising the first trips and writing the first travel guides aimed at the 'ordinary' traveller.
Ceased trading. It's a pity.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's my autumn holiday up the Swanee and I've joined the scramble to get my money back.

Feckin dire.