• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Those reports I heard about the father being there and PM walking by were from The Mail and Telegraph, Now if there was an ounce of stage management here those papers would have jumped on it like a rash. Let's be humane for once and realise this was a concerned father who was worried sick about his child and probably went off on one when he saw Johnson
If it was PM Corbyn walking by and a father had accosted him, then Kuessenberg had found out he was a Tory activist and reported as such, it'd all be very different of course.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
To me what you're suggesting is just as comparable as to that awful Guardian editorial regarding David Cameron's son Ivan, Total lack of humanity nowadays
I'm trying to be careful in avoiding this, but I accept it could come across that way (albeit of course in the Grauniad's case they said it about a child who had actually died after a long illness).

We'll see how it comes out in the wash.

IndoMike

I'm trying to be careful in avoiding this, but I accept it could come across that way (albeit of course in the Grauniad's case they said it about a child who had actually died after a long illness).

The Guardian was wrong and your comment is just as bad.

DB9

If it was PM Corbyn walking by and a father had accosted him, then Kuessenberg had found out he was a Tory activist and reported as such, it'd all be very different of course.
Why? You know this for a fact? If it turned out to be a "plant" then he would deserve any crap that was coming to him but I've seen or heard nothing and until then I'll say he was a concerned and worried father.

DB9

You're right about Cameron's son but this is just as bad in my view

Mr Jinx

You're right about Cameron's son but this is just as bad in my view
It was much worse. The insinuation that his pain was privileged thereby somewhat negating it would normally beggar belief, but this is the Guardian in 2019 we're talking about. The gripe with Kuessenberg is that she may have not been quite as impartial as perhaps she should be. They're not even near being at the same level.

DB9

It was much worse. The insinuation that his pain was privileged thereby somewhat negating it would normally beggar belief, but this is the Guardian in 2019 we're talking about. The gripe with Kuessenberg is that she may have not been quite as impartial as perhaps she should be. They're not even near being at the same level.
It is the same, Saying that he might be planted there for political ends and to use a seriously ill child is on the same disgusting spectrum as the Guardian editorial, When it comes to children they are off limits in political brownie points in my opinion

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting article on this from someone who has written for the Grauniad and New Statesman, amongst others:

Posted without comment or prejudice. But in case the credibility of the source is questioned (I myself had never heard of it until just now so would likely cry foul were someone else to link to it), here's another of their current lead articles praising the Lib Dems for their new stance on Brexit:

Grecian2K

Of course, Jason's honest blue-Boys have NEVER been planted to disrupt Labour media appearances have they?

DB9

Accusations of people being planted, Disinformation around everywhere it seems, This election coming is going to be ugly