• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite, so there is one party who will gain.
More than one surely. LibDems will siphon off Arch Remainers. Tories will take some more middle ground Left-leaning aspirational types. And TBP will clean up in the North.

Like I've said before: I haven't met one person who will now be voting Labour having hadn't done so in 2017. I've met plenty however that voted Labour last time round that won't be this time (me included). We have seen peak Corbyn.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Private education is not always great or VFM while some state schools are excellent. Just saying like.
Absolutely - I'm delighted my daughter got into the school she did, it really is excellent.

Alistair20000

Incidentally re: hypocrites in the Lib Dems, leaving aside the recent converts and their volte faces, who was quoted in 2008 demanding a referendum on EU membership? (Not Nick Clegg and his leaflet this time)
Might this be relevant ?

I must 'fess up to being Google assisted.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Might this be relevant ?

It is, yes.

Alistair20000

It is, yes.

I look forward to a Nick Ferrari type interviewer asking her to explain this prima facie apparent hypocrisy.

DB9

Private education is not always great or VFM while some state schools are excellent. Just saying like.
My son also went to a great state school and did brilliantly, Went on to Imperial College got a great degree. Some private schools aren't great but if a parent choose to send their kids to one, Then they should have the choice, Not be told they can't

elginCity

Thanks for the compliment Elgy.

Serious question: was Bettel’s behaviour acceptable.
You’re more than welcome, Al :)

Considering how negatively this charade also impacts on EU27 citizens, both here and there, I thought his responses to the press questioning were direct, refreshingly honest and restrained.

The gentle mockery of your man might have upset you Brexiter snowflakes, but he’s well known as a flamboyant gay, so no real surprises there.

IndoMike

My son also went to a great state school and did brilliantly, Went on to Imperial College got a great degree. Some private schools aren't great but if a parent choose to send their kids to one, Then they should have the choice, Not be told they can't
The whole point is that the vast majority of parents don't have that choice, DHS. Are they lesser people because they have less money? In addition, I believe private schools have charitable status. What's that all about?

IndoMike

Mate if I could have afforded to send my kids to a private school with smaller class sizes and more informed teaching staff I would have done so in a heartbeat !
Our kids school has recently been severely b*ll*ed by OFSTED for numerous reasons one of which was staff actually not knowing the subjects they were meant to be teaching and doing zilch about the long term bullying problem and instead of sorting the crux of the problem ie the staff in question they leave them in place to try again.
But you didn't have the money so you couldn't. So all our values are based on how much money a person has? Is a rich person a better person than you, Ramone?.
Why should their children and children's children have a constant advantage. It's not social envy : it's about equal opportunity. If the elite could have it their way kids would still be working down the mines 14 hours every day.

geoffwp

More than one surely. LibDems will siphon off Arch Remainers. Tories will take some more middle ground Left-leaning aspirational types. And TBP will clean up in the North.

Like I've said before: I haven't met one person who will now be voting Labour having hadn't done so in 2017. I've met plenty however that voted Labour last time round that won't be this time (me included). We have seen peak Corbyn.
Arch remainers?? Surely there is ONLY remain or leave? Certainly is as far as i see or hear it.