• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
When it's not functioning as it should, then yes. For instance, the Speaker of the house should be the "highest authority of the House of Commons and must remain politically impartial at all times". This is not happening, and he himself is talking about "procedural creativity" and so I take no issue with this being done from the other side of the argument. This is not normal times. This is now a war.
When has he not acted impartially?

Mr Jinx

When has he not acted impartially?

IndoMike

Yep, cavaliers and roundheads all over again. That's if Trump and Iran's glorious leaders don't blow up the world first.
The only good thing about Trump is surprisingly and thankgodfully he is not a war mongerer. He talks about America's military might but doesn't take it any further.

IndoMike

Jinxy, we can always find articles to justify our opinion. The press is tribal, too : probably 65% pro BREXIT and 35% pro Remain.

arthur

And you complain when I post from the Guardian!

Mr Jinx

And you complain when I post from the Guardian!
Yeah, guilty as charged your honour. Was going to cut & paste, amend it a little and pretend it was mine, just like you often do. But then I just couldn't be arsed.

IndoMike

It's pretty clear what Cummins' (Johnson puppet master) plan is. Present a deal which cannot be accepted by the EU at the very last minute, with insufficient time for debate either by Parliament or by the EU.
Not negotiation, but a fait acompli.
The EU will be forced to reject the proposal, whereupon Johnson will lay all the blame on the EU and the suckers will soak it up.
This is purely a "playing for time" strategy to get to the finishing line.
The Luxembourg bloke in his Kevin Keegan moment expressed his huge frustration, which I guess was a cause of great amusement and satisfaction to Johnson and his devious crew
This is 100% going to be NO DEAL.

Mr Jinx

This is 100% going to be NO DEAL.
A pretty bold statement especially since that's now illegal. Can't see it myself. Think it'll be extension and a massive blame game. Then we'll see who the voters take their anger out on. If it's not the Tories, then Boris will then get an improved mandate and can play a better hand next time round.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A pretty bold statement especially since that's now illegal. Can't see it myself. Think it'll be extension and a massive blame game. Then we'll see who the voters take their anger out on. If it's not the Tories, then Boris will then get an improved mandate and can play a better hand next time round.
For the umpteenth time, no deal isn't now illegal.

Mr Jinx

For the umpteenth time, no deal isn't now illegal.
It is in October unless it gets approved in the HOC (which it won't). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But yes, it could still go through in Jan.