• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not really. Red fades whether it’s in lettering or the background, so instead we’d have ECFC written in pink.

Spoonz Red E

In the long run it could be cheaper to be preventative. Perhaps cover over the seats on non-match days to protect against sunlight bleaching.

IndoMike

Well duh. Of course it's worse now than two years ago, and in two years' time it'll be worse still. Red's a git of a colour for fading in direct sunlight.
You're right. Apparently red is the worst colour regarding fading. Blue doesn't fade. Perhaps we should wear blue and white stripes?

Last edited:

IndoMike

In the long run it could be cheaper to be preventative. Perhaps cover over the seats on non-match days to protect against sunlight bleaching.
We could add a sliding roof!

Stelios

Not really. Red fades whether it’s in lettering or the background, so instead we’d have ECFC written in pink.
Would be cheaper to re-finish/replace a few dozen 'ECFC' seats than a few thousand.

I'm not actually that bothered tbh. The cameras never pick up the IP Office stand - that's a whole other story (drunk) Although I guess in a few years we'll be talking about the seats in the Adam Stansfield stand. Again, not the biggest thing in the world to worry about. Need to concentrate on matters on the pitch.

CityTillIDie

I do realise this however as others have said small faded letters would look better than the majority of the stand faded.

Andy Holloway

This may only be a small part of the work that is constantly going on to update and upgrade SJP but it will be noticeable, well to those using the IP Office Stand turnstiles through Stadium Way.
Thanks to the Club, Grecian Goal and Cans for City the retaining wall in The Memorial Garden is in the process of being professionally rendered, the workmen were in today and should be finished by the end of tomorrow afternoon. It'll then need a week or so to properly dry out before our own dedicated painters, set to to finish it off with several coats of paint.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thanks for the update Andy , Always good to hear about the smaller projects going on around the ground that add to the overall appearance to SJP.
Just remind the volunteers their work outside of the work parties is gratefully appreciated.
UTC.

Oldsmobile-88

The garden looks great Andy...It’s a nice oasis in that area & I bet is unique inside a football ground.

Oldsmobile-88

Just remind the volunteers their work outside of the work parties is gratefully appreciated.
UTC.
The work done never ceases to amaze me.I’ve been at the ground a lot recently & seen 1st hand what that wonderful group of supporters do.
They were there today tidying all the crap up that thoughtless goons drop & leave in in the Stagecoach & IP Stands(use the ####ing bins) then sorting all of the material for recycling,not a nice job,but saves the football club a fortune in waste costs(un recycled waste is charged by weight by the council collection)