• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient Match Day Thread.

TSW1389

That was definitely the worse refereeing performance of the season so far. Linesman and ref both terrible. Should have been at least 1 red. The ball going out then the forth official having to signal for the throw summed that pair up.
Overall a frustrating performance. 2 points dropped in my opinion. Williams is a good player but feel he just needs to occasionally get a right footed cross in. Full backs just show him down the line and he never puts it across.

Grecianpasty

No mention of Bowman yet? Two awful misses again today as he continues to prove he's not an out and out goalscorer. He's a grafter, of that theres no doubt, but those misses were bad. We could have had the game out of sight if he'd only put those away.
Agreed. Lots of effort but no end product.

Steve H

If the Manager of the Month curse only results in getting away with a home draw then I'll take it this time....

Reactions: DB9

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
That is a ludicrous comment it was right in front of us.....close but the ball was not out of play.
Pete's keep net is bulging at the seams today ! Should publish a book "Fishing Lures by the Arizona Angler", it could be a best seller (proceeds to The Trust of course) !

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the Manager of the Month curse only results in getting away with a home draw then I'll take it this time....
Nothing can put a jinx on our Matt! :)

rifraf

Does Aaron getting "the hook" signal another spell in the "boon docks" for him, I wonder ?
Couldn't help noticing how Parkes almost immediately put an end to the Orient central striker's physical dominance and bullying. Parkes was much much tighter in marking and standing his ground robustly. From that point, when he came on, the game slowly ebbed in our favour again. After all the recent hype, I sadly can't see Aaron starting again for a while, baring injuries to others. Certainly can't drop Parkes again on that form - just don't let him get sent off.

Wonder also if Fisher is worth a start in place of Bowman? .......... and see more still of Seymour. We need to be more ruthless in front of goal.

Thought we might have seen MJ earlier for Lee Martin, but what do I know.

Worst refereeing I've seen for 5+ yrs by the way...... inconsistent and lacked the courage to deal with some sending-off decisions - more than once. And does anyone know why Law's 1st half goal was disallowed?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love Matt Taylor me. His after match interviews are so honest and fresh, he's not afraid to show his emotions/frustrations either.

Rog H K

Lads did well. Draw was a travesty. Justice done wth pen. UTC

hillview red

Despite a late equaliser... Feels like 2 points dropped. Orient were a horribly cynical and niggly team. The number of yellows speak for themselves but there were so many off the ball fouls that I lost count. Sadly the referee just didn’t stamp it out. There was a truly bizarre moment at the kick off after Sweeney scored where the ref clearly saw their player run a block on Bowman so he couldn’t close down the centre half. He simply carried on having watched the incident from 4 ft away!

In terms of players...
Ward - Solid. Couldn’t be blamed for the goals.
Sweeney - Did some good things and scored but would have loved to have seen Richardson on at some point running at a tired defence on 600 yellow cards (tongue in cheek)
Moxey - Distribution good and always a calming presence
Martin - Has had a very good start to the season but today got bullied from the off. He just couldn’t outmuscle their centre forward and as a result they always had a foot in the game. Parkes seems to be better suited to sort out muscular forwards.
Sparkes - Is playing really well. Sure he’s not the finished article and can make the odd mistake but was committed, got up and down and adds another dimension to our attack with his ability to get forward.
Law - No idea why the goal was disallowed. Seemed to do ok but it didn’t feel like he could dictate like he sometimes does.
Taylor - lots of hard work and a great run in the first half to got through on goal (excellent ball by Sweeney) but should have converted.
Collins - worked hard and linked play well. He’s so calm and composed for someone so young. Hopefully he’ll be able to add in some more incisive passing as he matures.
Williams - Started like a house on fire with some great runs. Orient doubled up on him time and time again which limited his effectiveness. Still a little inconsistent but has real quality.
Lee Martin - Not his day. Ran around a lot but struggled to unlock their defence.
Bowman - huffed and puffed. No lack of effort but a little more composure needed. Missed a big chance in both halves.

Subs - Fisher should have scored from a great cross but got involved. Parked dealt with their centre forward in a more robust manner. Seymour looked lively.

2 points dropped but still unbeaten. Young players developing, a courageous team, a committed manager and top of the league. Things are looking good.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Consider it as a point gained today as we were some what lacking in the Leyton Orient penalty box....I’m a big Ryan Bowman fan but he has to score more goals today Josh Coulson had him in his pocket for practically all afternoon...otherwise we had great fight and never gave up....Sparkes was my MOM.