• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Stelios

It really happened. The pub, I believe, was the Powder Monkey.
Think they call it the "Black Horse Pub" in the film and the two 'locals' appear to be from Cockney 'cor blimey guv'nr central casting.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think they call it the "Black Horse Pub" in the film and the two 'locals' appear to be from Cockney 'cor blimey guv'nr central casting.

Swanaldo

The Space Between Us.

A young man, born on Mars and raised in the scientific research station there, sneaks back to Earth in search of his father. A not-very-sciencey science fiction movie, which veered too close to sentimentality at times. Owes a lot to Speilberg, but enjoyable enough. Not overly long, nicely paced and a stab at a twist at the end. Decent turn from the young lad in the lead, and Gary Oldman always easy to watch.

7.1/10

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Toy Story 4

The whole was film was spoilt when my grandson nudged me and said, "wake up grampy."

Alistair20000

Toy Story 4

The whole was film was spoilt when my grandson nudged me and said, "wake up grampy."

Better than mine saying: "Shut up grumpy"

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Tried to watch the very unfunny new Holmes and Watson film last night got about 20 minutes in and thought I would rather watch a party political broadcast than this rubbish Will Ferrell attempting an English accent NO just no , He wont be winning any awards for this anytime soon !
The few minutes I watched gets a 2/10.

Alistair20000

Tried to watch the very unfunny new Holmes and Watson film last night got about 20 minutes in and thought I would rather watch a party political broadcast than this rubbish Will Ferrell attempting an English accent NO just no , He wont be winning any awards for this anytime soon !
The few minutes I watched gets a 2/10.
Me too. Dozed off after 15 minutes.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Me too. Dozed off after 15 minutes.
Only had 1 and a half starts on sky, so I avoided it, glad I did now.

Lion King, the new one. Having seen the original several hundred times, I knew what to expect, but wanted to watch it, to see how it were done. Have to say, very impressed and glad I did go. One thing, I didn't realise, Timon is a meerkat? Got a bit emotional a few times, but really did enjoy it.

10/10

Swanaldo

Snowpiercer.

In the not-too-distant future, experiments with climate control have left the earth a frozen wasteland. The last few hundred souls are packed onto a permanently circumnavigating luxury cruise train (what else?!). Poor people in the 'tail' and rich people up front. (It's a microcosm of society - as the film repeatedly points out for the terminally dim). Scruffy plebs from the tail section form a rebellion to take over the posh bit, and fight their way up the train section by section, a bit like The Warriors trying to get home.

Sounds promising, right? Sadly it's all a bit samey and predicable. The rebel leader has zero personality and could have been played by just about any movie 'hardman'. Tilda Swinton is reasonably watchable as the lieutenant/go-between and Ed Harris looks frankly embarrassed by the script as he phones in his Bond villian baddy performance.

4/10

Stelios

Shawshank Redemption.
Was channel hopping the other night and came across this just starting. Watched it for the umpteenth time but it really is excellent.

The 70s Clint Eastwood film Escape From Alcatraz is also worth a watch when it's on.