• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done City, and hats off to Matt. Not often I see us described as the 'League pacesetters' and with the joint highest goal difference to boot.
Better than talking about the "B" word Rae. :D

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was a completely dominant performance from start to finish. Absolutely superb, the only criticism was our finishing, we genuinely should have scored about 8 goals.

The high press, with every players chasing loose balls down, desperate to win the ball back was a joy to watch. The counter attack, free flowing moves forward... Williams was superb, Law was class always, Sparkes, Deano, Martin excellent, JT reborn in the new formation (until we switched to 442) Lee Martin was my MOTM, what a player he is. This was the football that Tisdale could never produce, I am very impressed with today, the key thing will be for us to keep producing like that. Had a feeling there was more in this team - we're so good defensively but now the attacking side has started to click I think we are going to fly...

And we still have Ajose to find his form, Richardson a good option and Atangana available soon. Exciting times.
Not much to add, really. Just a good all-round performance with everyone doing their jobs and no weak links. The complaint before was that we were not creating chances so at least we are creating more now and are disappointed not to have scored more than 3 away from home. Anyway, just glad we got the 3 points our performance merited and any team who defends as badly as Carlisle did deserve to get nothing from the game.

geoffwp

Bleddy get in there city you riproaring beauties. Soddin well missed this as I was driving most of the afternoon and saw result on arrival. Do i not like it :love:

grecIAN Harris

Not much to add, really. Just a good all-round performance with everyone doing their jobs and no weak links. The complaint before was that we were not creating chances so at least we are creating more now and are disappointed not to have scored more than 3 away from home. Anyway, just glad we got the 3 points our performance merited and any team who defends as badly as Carlisle did deserve to get nothing from the game.
If you don't ask you won't get. I want us to batter everybody when the opportunity arises and it sounds like we should have won even more comprehensively than we did. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the win especially when a conversation I had this morning at work went along the lines of 'Id take appoint this afternoon' but when opportunities come to make a statement, make it. Don't be coy.

jrg333

Highlights:

Langer

What a pass by Williams for the first goal.

Stelios

What a pass by Williams for the first goal.
1st half highlights look like a Williams show reel. Great stuff. Looks like we created so many great chances.

Proper result that (y)

BlockC

Hi everyone found this on Carlisle forum and thought it worth sharing

Exeter were a joy to watch-Law oozes class and ran the game.I could watch their style of play every week-no fancy dan crap at the back ,just trust your midfield to control the game.They were professional, no game management rubbish, and just got on with it.I really hope the do well as that was a great performance and they should have had a least 8.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Inch perfect pass from MJ to put Kicky Law in for his goal.

Oldsmobile-88

And a team that is supremely fit as well.
Indeed..A huge difference from last season,when the workrate dropped off in the last 15 mins.

The superior fitness really has showed this season.