• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

exeter-loyal

Was doing the weekly shop in the supermarket yesterday. Old dear in front of me at the checkout was taking an age putting her stuff on the conveyor belt. Then when finally finshed the checkout girl had to get her supermarket loyalty card out of her purse as she could find it.

Anyway, she comes to pay with a credit/debit card and can't remember her pin, so she looks in her purse and get out a piece of paper which must have had all her pins/passwords written on (Very sensible). When she's finally finished and is wheeling her trolly away I move up only to notice that she has gone and left her card in the machine.

So, I take it out and go after her "Excuse me love but you don't want to be leaving this in the machine". She abruptly turns around, snatches the card out of my hand and then continues wheeling her trolly away without a word of thanks.

Manners cost nothing!
That really doesn't surprise me, you see it fairly often in supermarkets how people are so rude. It's only going to get worse when they eventually stop the main tills and make them all self service. If you think the oldies are rude now wait till they have to serve themselves.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have a supermarket-related one which also dips a toe into GJW’s general people-based annoyances.

Crediton Tesco (big). The layout is all over the place and the signage is terrible. I thought I was being really dim as I meandered around, back and forth, trying to find what I wanted until I realised that I kept seeing the same people who also seemed to be mystified. I was half expecting a jumpsuit-clad Anneka Rice to come running around the corner shouting “I’ve got it! I’ve got it!” whilst cameraman Graham tried to keep up and not film her arse at the same time. The number of empty shelves also had me dusting off my ration book.

The checkout process was fine, notwithstanding the fact that I wasn’t given one of those blue tokens which I believe I was entitled to, but then I went to the snout counter and joined a queue of three, with a fourth person being served. The next person up had a trolley which I assumed was full of her purchases, having already been through a checkout as I had and as all law-abiding customers do. But no, despite the big sign that said Basket Checkout, this particular shopper was doing things her way and we then all had to wait whilst the compliant cashier, who didn’t question her underhand tactic or even subtly drop it into conversation, cheerfully scanned what was at least three baskets worth whilst I started to get a sweat on. Needless to say, I also let out a sigh and tutted, but only quietly.

Spoonz Red E

Obviously joking about punching an old lady. Wouldn’t want to offend anyone, especially elderly ladies. Not joking about taking her custard creams, bottle of sherry and radox.
#OldLadiesArePeopleToo

GJW

#OldLadiesArePeopleToo
But are they?😉👽👽👽👽

elginCity

It can be a nightmare queuing when the checkout girl happens to know the shopper in front of you, personally.

Reactions: DB9

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was doing the weekly shop in the supermarket yesterday. Old dear in front of me at the checkout was taking an age putting her stuff on the conveyor belt. Then when finally finshed the checkout girl had to get her supermarket loyalty card out of her purse as she could find it.

Anyway, she comes to pay with a credit/debit card and can't remember her pin, so she looks in her purse and get out a piece of paper which must have had all her pins/passwords written on (Very sensible). When she's finally finished and is wheeling her trolly away I move up only to notice that she has gone and left her card in the machine.

So, I take it out and go after her "Excuse me love but you don't want to be leaving this in the machine". She abruptly turns around, snatches the card out of my hand and then continues wheeling her trolly away without a word of thanks.

Manners cost nothing!
Were you wearing your black and white shirt, Les? She was probably a Lincoln supporter.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Annoys me when blokes complain about the things they endure doing the shopping.

Men. Stay out of supermarkets.

ecfc70

Traffic around there by any chance?
Not the traffic no, how expensive it is in the terminal (over £12 for 2 pints) back to using the lounges for me I think, opening the gate so early you spend half and hour hanging about in a holding pen before you board and there doesn't seem to be any real difference between duty free and what you pay online anymore........plus loads of stupids who cant read a screen, walk in a straight line or control their over excited and hyped up little darlings

Grecian2K

Gary Davies standing in to do popmaster on Radio 2. Not a patch on the master, Mr Bruce!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
When you force yourself out of your sick bed because you're conducting a viva with a student, then the student is a no-show.