• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe AFC v's Exeter City AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2 25/8/19

Oliver

I think most games when those 2 feature we always look a threat going forward, they bring so much energy to the flow of the game and even when we're chasing the ball there commitment and desire to try and win the ball back is brilliant. If they can both stay fit for the rest of the season going forward we are always going to have a chance.

And we still have 2 quality players who have not kicked a ball yet this season in Nigel Atangana and of course Lee Holmes.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Top of the league and having a laugh.

exeter-loyal

And we still have 2 quality players who have not kicked a ball yet this season in Nigel Atangana and of course Lee Holmes.
It's fair to say we're looking good and stand good chance come the end of the season (y)

Red Devon

A lot of positives to take from the game today...Jack Sparkes starting again, Jakes goal , Dean Moxey to name a few plus the precious 3 points.

andrew p long

How on earth can you pick on Ward for the second goal, I've just seen them, he was not to blame.
It’s Pete; it’s what he does.

As I have said before, you get so much more out of Pete’s posts if you treat them as a glorious self parody or a brilliant comedy turn.

exeter-loyal

Does he do it just for banter or is he serious?

Spoonz Red E

Pete's top coaching tip.

Watch the goal being scored.
However the ball enters the net that's where the keeper should have been.
That's real insight hindsight.

Reactions: WXF

geoffwp

There are plenty of others who have their own thing on exeweb. Pete's just happens to be goal keeping. PC's is stalking but we cut him slack on that so we should just cut Pete the same slack. ;):ROFLMAO:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's been posting on here as long as I have, which is about 18 years. He basically sticks to the same topics over and over, and yes, he's serious. I'm thankful that I no longer have to read the Tisdale stuff, but the goalies topic will always be with us. When a goal goes in he rarely sees anything else except a goalkeeping error. I am going to say here and now that Ward is the most promising keeper I've seen for us since Kevin Miller, and will end up in the Championship, if he can learn to pass the ball sometimes instead of kicking it long (which he does very well) because that's now a prerequisite for keepers in the Championship. Ever since Pete advocated that good keepers should dive at the feet of strikers running at them towards goal (all keepers at any level are trained not to do this) I haven't really taken seriously his expert comments on goalkeepers. The thing you can say in Pete's favour is that he is never malevolent and certainly isn't trolling even if he appears to be, and now watches us play on ifollow so is a contributing fan and not, as some of us once suspected, just on here for something to do. Best just not to let his comments bother you.

grecIAN Harris

Poor goal from Wards point of view.
Pete, there are times when we're in total agreement about how we see some of the goals we concede, there are times when I have sympathy with the amount of stick you get because I can see what you're getting at and then there are times, like today, where I wonder if you actually did have a trained optician when you went into Specsavers for your eye test. That first goal rifled in off the underside of the crossbar. The only way Ward is saving that is if he stood in line with the shot. As it was, his position for general play was fine. That shot just simply wasn't general play, it was an exercet. I'm not sure about the second on first viewing though, might have to watch that a couple of times to see what happened as he did seem to spread himself well but the ball went in a bit to easily considering.