• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe AFC v's Exeter City AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2 25/8/19

TSW1389

I know, but Ward had a shaky old game, worries me.
Interesting to know which of our keepers in the last 5 years don't worry you Pete? Ward looks like a very good league 2 keeper. Can see him moving up the leagues with or without city in the future

Pobbop

Hard to state how much I love Nicky Law, far too much class for this division.

Great start, and I know the pragmatist in me can see the benefit of a nice 1-0 solid win with great defence, yet these type of matches are the glory and fun of supporting your team.

Last edited:

exeter-loyal

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ward poor on that, another he'll be disappointed with.
How on earth can you pick on Ward for the second goal, I've just seen them, he was not to blame.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lee Martin and Law seem to work so well together at times, the percentage of our goals which they have been involved in since Xmas must be very high, Law scores plenty for a midfielder and he and Martin are often involved in the interplay which needs to many of our goals, it's great to see two players in City shirts who both have plenty of ability and high levels of work rate.

exeter-loyal

Lee Martin and Law seem to work so well together at times, the percentage of our goals which they have been involved in since Xmas must be very high, Law scores plenty for a midfielder and he and Martin are often involved in the interplay which needs to many of our goals, it's great to see two players in City shirts who both have plenty of ability and high levels of work rate.
I think most games when those 2 feature we always look a threat going forward, they bring so much energy to the flow of the game and even when we're chasing the ball there commitment and desire to try and win the ball back is brilliant. If they can both stay fit for the rest of the season going forward we are always going to have a chance.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always like his direct, honest approach to his interviews.

Ash

"Village Green Rovers". Who the f*ck started that? We've just about got rid of 'Satanage' too!
What do you mean we've got rid of Satanage? Can't be having that, they'll always be Satanage to me.

Fareham Grecian

I know, but Ward had a shaky old game, worries me.
Oh cheer up you miserable old git! We are top of the league!!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Knackered but satisfied" ;)

Fits well with this popular football tune

Last edited: