• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oldham Athletic v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

StudentGrecian

Haven't seen images but if Jake Taylor was in an offisde position BEFORE the keeper made the save, it is still offside. We had a similar goal ruled out (correctly) last season.

Just going by the radio chat. No idea what actually happened.
Yeah exactly why it was offside, not sure the commentary team know the laws based on their analysis of it

ryancooper327

Yeah exactly why it was offside, not sure the commentary team know the laws based on their analysis of it
Im going to say they don’t based on the fact they got the majority of city players mixed up 50% of the time.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, yet again the reports will be that Bowman ran his guts out all evening. Thats okay but he's not a target-man type goalscorer, we simply dont have one.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Williams annoyed me when he came on, at times he just needs to get the ball into the box, he isn't playing on a school playground.

If I was Bowman I'd be ripping into him.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure on the replay if that was offside or not, really not sure why we were still playing over a minute over the time added on because there weren't any significant stoppages, but that was almost the most dramatic finish. I think Taylor was offside when Bowman headed it, which means even though the keeper saves his header on the line Taylor is offside on the rebound but I'm not totally up with all these changes in the laws but I imagine the lineswoman is. Matt Jay missed what looked like an easy header earlier, or at least a header that looked easier to put on target than not which he somehow managed. Nicky Ajose came on and looked ineffective again. If Matt Jay starts on Saturday I would like to see him take corners and not Sparkes.

What you see in this division is that year after year teams are better drilled in midfield to protect their defence, and we are too, which means games will be cagey and it isn't easy to break down the opposition. With cooler heads in front of goal tonight we could have won, but they also had an excellent chance which Dean Moxey blocked on the line and it was hit so hard it was a mystery how it didn't go in. Don't quite go along with the commentary team's analysis that they were 'there for the taking' but as the game went on we were more and more in control of the game which, away from home at Oldham on a Tuesday is a tribute to the fitness of the team and the smart rotation decisions of the manager. I'm pretty happy with that result and the second half performance was more than decent.

geoffwp

Decent start to the season and another decent point.....need to start scoring a few more but defensively it’s been impressive
Is this the exciting football you wanted then credy? Just wondering like.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any sort of result away from home is always positive in my book. We aren't scoring many but we've conceded 1 goal in 4 games.

If we are defending well it gives us a platform to build on, it'll come.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this the exciting football you wanted then credy? Just wondering like.
Geoffrey, you seem to have gone full circle over the last 15 months.

robchave

Can I suggest we shoot occasionally?

geoffwp

If I was Bowman
In yer dreams monkey boy.