• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oldham Athletic v Exeter City Prediction (score crowd & team) thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
As our slowly moving juggernaut moves along the league trail gradually picking up speed we next encounter Oldham Athletic on Tuesday. Will our speed pick up and our flair players come to the fore or will Oldham puncture our tyres and pick up their first points of the season. Reading their thread for the match there is not much optimism north east of Manchester so I am anticipating the following:
Team

Ward
Sweeney Martin (A) Moxey Woodman
Williams Collins Jay
Bowman Ajose

Subs Maxted Sparkes Richardson Martin(L) Fisher Seymour

An attendance of 3373 of which 175 will be Grecians

A final score 0 -4 Ajose x2 Bowman and Jay

And by the end of the night we shall be Top of the League, with Swindon drawing with Northampton at the County Ground

exeter-loyal

As our slowly moving juggernaut moves along the league trail gradually picking up speed we next encounter Oldham Athletic on Tuesday. Will our speed pick up and our flair players come to the fore or will Oldham puncture our tyres and pick up their first points of the season. Reading their thread for the match there is not much optimism north east of Manchester so I am anticipating the following:
Team

Ward
Sweeney Martin (A) Moxey Woodman
Williams Collins Jay
Bowman Ajose

Subs Maxted Sparkes Richardson Martin(L) Fisher Seymour

An attendance of 3373 of which 175 will be Grecians

A final score 0 -4 Ajose x2 Bowman and Jay

And by the end of the night we shall be Top of the League, with Swindon drawing with Northampton at the County Ground
Starting with 10 players that's not a good start what's going on??

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know that Parkes is definitely out and Jake Taylor will also probably be missing, though given his fitness record it wouldn’t surprise me if he has recovered by Tuesday. Matt Taylor also said that Williams has been struggling with a knock and it’s also probably too much expect Woody to play the full 90.

Given all that the bold move would be, as suggested on other threads, to play both Richardson and Sparkes as wing back but not sure the manager will be that brave. Still hope that Sparkes gets an opportunity, though.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oops missed out Mr Law in central Mid rather remiss of me as he is one of our players the Oldham fans seem to be aware of!

exeter-loyal

Oops missed out Mr Law in central Mid rather remiss of me as he is one of our players the Oldham fans seem to be aware of!
Every team in our league should be aware of him, brings so much to the game one of our best players if not the best player here at the minute.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know that Parkes is definitely out and Jake Taylor will also probably be missing, though given his fitness record it wouldn’t surprise me if he has recovered by Tuesday. Matt Taylor also said that Williams has been struggling with a knock and it’s also probably too much expect Woody to play the full 90.

Given all that the bold move would be, as suggested on other threads, to play both Richardson and Sparkes as wing back but not sure the manager will be that brave. Still hope that Sparkes gets an opportunity, though.
I was thinking the same particularly with Jake likely to be out, this could be a match to try it but I don't think Matt will be that brave hence why I anticipate my selection (with Nicky Law in CM)

Ashford Grecian

Seems I went for loss in monthly point thread but reckon 2-2, team ??, crowd??

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine one or two changes to the starting 11 on Saturday. Jay did well when he came on and may start for the injured Taylor.

As for Ajose, I'd have him on the bench and Lee Martin start

Score: 1-3 victory with our goals coming from Moxey, Jay, and Bowman. 155 hardy Grecians in attendance.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would imagine one or two changes to the starting 11 on Saturday. Jay did well when he came on and may start for the injured Taylor.

As for Ajose, I'd have him on the bench and Lee Martin start

Score: 1-3 victory with our goals coming from Moxey, Jay, and Bowman. 155 hardy Grecians in attendance.
Not sure any changes will be that simple. It would not be a popular decision but Matt Taylor may be tempted to start with Tillson instead of Taylor to help protect the defence. I also expect Lee Martin to come in for Williams, so Ajose may get a reprieve or one of Jay or Sparkes could replace him.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
City will win.