• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought it was some time in early September for L1 and 2

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Following on from Banksy's post, this article suggests we keep to an Aug 31 deadline:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to this article our window closes on Monday, September 2nd. I thought the deadline worked quite well last season and this year it all seems unnecessarily complicated.

The 5pm closing time for the top two divisions does not directly affect Shrewsbury, whose transfer window – alongside other League One and League Two clubs – shuts on Monday, September 2.

But, while Premier League and Championship outfits can’t sign players permanently or on loan after 5pm today, they can sell or loan players to League One and League Two until the beginning of September.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to this article our window closes on Monday, September 2nd. I thought the deadline worked quite well last season and this year it all seems unnecessarily complicated.

The 5pm closing time for the top two divisions does not directly affect Shrewsbury, whose transfer window – alongside other League One and League Two clubs – shuts on Monday, September 2.

But, while Premier League and Championship outfits can’t sign players permanently or on loan after 5pm today, they can sell or loan players to League One and League Two until the beginning of September.

Correct. The EFL agreed to make it 31st August https://www.efl.com/news/2019/may/efl-clubs-approve-split-approach-to-transfer-window/

They then realised this is a Saturday this year, so have extended it to 5pm on Monday 2nd September. As next year 31st August is the Bank Holiday I won't be surprised if they make it 1st September.

The words "p*ss-up" and "brewery" spring to mind... but at least the unloved CEO Shaun Harvey has now gone ,so their management and communication will presumably improve.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
How have they managed to make something quite simple, so bleddy confusing!

jimbo-gould

Last year they had it so the transfer deadline was the same as the EPL, but loans could be done afterwards, then they realised clubs would just sign someone on loan with an obligation to buy if they wanted to get round it. A little simpler on last year, but not ideal.

burtiew

Well ... Kane Wilson isn't coming back, just signed on loan for Tranmere.

crocks

Well ... Kane Wilson isn't coming back, just signed on loan for Tranmere.
Thats disappointing.....

IndoMike

Thats disappointing.....
It really is. Still, 3 weeks remaining to bring in an RB.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Tranmere, in all honesty he hardly set the world alight for us last season and apparently he didn't cut it at Walsall in league 1 last season, he's clearly a talented player however in terms of actual performances I'd say he was often around a 6 / 7 out of 10. Compare him to O'Shea who was regularly a 8 / 9 out of 10. A year ago none of us had heard of O'Shea, there are other players out there.