• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rivalries

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, a couple of Millwall fans don't like us, do we care ?
No one likes, we don't care.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
It seems 166% of our fan base has responded to the first question so I'm presuming they could pick more than 1 club.
In which case it would be interesting to know how many clubs could be chosen and how many people answered.
I guess the 6% Liverpool is due to the number of Man Utd fans we have rather than anything Liverpool have done to us.
Chelsea seem to be off the radar despite the Ampadu pittance.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
What do people think of these results...?
Load of ******** except for the top one.
Nobody gives a fook about MK FC other than they stole a place in the league.

Swanaldo

I guess the 6% Liverpool is due to the number of Man Utd fans we have rather than anything Liverpool have done to us.
Liverpool have always been an easy club to dislike, I don't think any perceived Man Utd allegiance comes into it tbh.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Liverpool have always been an easy club to dislike, I don't think any perceived Man Utd allegiance comes into it tbh.
Correct, although I'd further argue it's the same argument for kids growing up in the 70s and 80s as it is for Man United for kids growing up in the 90s - at primary school in the 80s I remember you were firmly in two camps re: Liverpool, you either loved them or you hated them with a passion. I was in the latter camp.

There was one proper irony about this, though - the return from our school trip to Cornwall coincided with the 1988 FA Cup Final, the coach from Paddington back to my school had it on the radio, and everyone bar one person was cheering for Wimbledon. That one person would later become a Wimbledon ST holder and to this day is an AFC Wimbledon supporter (his brother more so, getting quite involved with their trust in their early days).

Oldsmobile-88

It was Leeds when I first started following Football in 1970(I loved ‘em)
They still seem to be disliked disproportionately even nowadays by many,on some of the fb groups I follow.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't *hate* them as such, but it's "ABU" for me. I do hate MK (for historical reasons, nothing to do with Tis).

StudentGrecian

Load of ******** except for the top one.
Nobody gives a fook about MK FC other than they stole a place in the league.
I personally don’t hate MK anymore than I did before last season either. But....some of our fanbase obviously care, 2nd highest home gate of the season behind the Boxing Day fixture vs Yeovil, the atmosphere that day, it was clear there was something more in that game! Especially the joy around when we tore them apart, wouldn’t beat the celebrations at any Argyle game, but it clearly meant more to some than most other games. I think it’s fair for them to be included in that list

Grecian Max

MK had nothing to do with it, if Tisdale had been back with AFCW it would have been the same atmosphere because the blokes a ****.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was Leeds when I first started following Football in 1970(I loved ‘em)
They still seem to be disliked disproportionately even nowadays by many,on some of the fb groups I follow.
Leeds or Chelsea after the F A Cup final. Whilst everyone else seemed to want Leeds to win I wanted Chelsea, who had David Webb, Peter Osgood Chopper Harris and with Peter Bonetti in goal. During that era though I was a Wolves supporter ('cos I bought an 'Old Gold' top, no other reason) as well as a City fan.

Always hated Argyle and nowadays the 'money' sides, like MK and Mansfield