• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new Exeweb

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike, with all due respect, you being a technophobe is the issue here, not the site. If you want to flounce, that's your choice, but there's no need to tell us five times a day. Just go ahead and do it instead of attention seeking.
Ridiculous to say I'm attention-seeking and it's a punch below the waist.
I'm just very frustrated that I can't use my laptop to see Exeweb, which is a big inconvenience, since my sight is not great and using a mobile phone is more difficult.
You have asked for our opinions on the new website : perhaps you should have said only glowing reports are welcome.

geoffwp

That's right Mike. You tell em. These tekky geeks think anyone who doesn't share their knowledge/interest is beyond redemption.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I couldn't log in on my tablet, the first time I'd used it since the upgrade. I got the cookies message. Went to private browsing and I was fine logging in.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... No way to tell if a post has been edited.
I can see when a post has been edited. However, that might just be one of the Moderator super powers.

IndoMike

Post deleted

IndoMike

Karena asumsi Exeweb kami semuanya ahli IT, asumsi saya Exeweb ahli Bahasa Indonesia. Jadi pasti ga pp kalau saya posting di Bahasa Indonesia. Homong2, laptop saya sudah kacau dgn berusaha menghilangkan cookies. Bukan pusing tapi pusing lagi.
Terima kasih.

:devilish:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I'm no techy geek either but I've worked out what I need to for now tbh.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Mike, stop being a smart arse. You're making yourself look daft. I can Google what that means, in the same way you could have googled any amount of the issues you've faced.

Instead of using your noggin, you've chosen to bleat and whine like a 3 year old.

These are changes that needed to happen for the security of our users, and that includes you. The old exeweb was not only insecure, but it was not phone and tablet friendly, and the forum software was dated and unfit for purpose going forwards.

Last edited:

ecfc70

Looking good so far on my phone, any plans to link it through an app?

geoffwp

I don't think Mike is making himself look daft. He is very obviously struggling with something that others find straight forward and its pretty obvious that exeweb is important to him. Can't we just accept that we all have different skill sets and cut him some slack?