• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City Legends

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have self esteem issues Alan.
Thank you, Dr Crane.

claude duvall

I won the auction to play with the Legends,on arriving at the ground I had to phone Ross Trant, and he just left with Matt Le Tissier and Scott Hiley who were talking about a golf tournament and were not bothered with me. I then made my own way to the changing rooms where again i was ignored by most of the so called City legends, the only person who was friendly was Steve Perryman.

Sorry but from now on I will keep my hand in my pocket, and Scot Hiley can go F**k himself . I was taken out by a bad tackle one minute after coming on, and spent 3 hours in A & E and I am bandaged from toe to groin, and no one from City wants to know!!!

this is brilliant stuff, made me laugh out loud and i'm considering selling it to one of the tabs.
let me get the story straight: you bid tons of money to play in the city legends team but you were fouled within a minute so seriously you had to go to hospital? that's like someone punching out the opponent's mascot or tripping up one of those kids who come out with the team. it's meant to be a charity game. amazing.
so who did the tackle on you? did the trainer come on or were you left to crawl off the pitch in agony yourself while they carried on playing?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
this is brilliant stuff, made me laugh out loud and i'm considering selling it to one of the tabs.
Before making a sizeable donation to Pitch In one trusts!

claude duvall

okay egg, if it goes i'd give a chunk to the club!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
let me get the story straight: you bid tons of money to play in the city legends team but you were fouled within a minute so seriously you had to go to hospital? that's like someone punching out the opponent's mascot or tripping up one of those kids who come out with the team. it's meant to be a charity game. amazing.
so who did the tackle on you? did the trainer come on or were you left to crawl off the pitch in agony yourself while they carried on playing?

Let him die, let him die, let him die....:p

doebake

All joking aside, I know fred personally and he's a loyal city fan,season ticket holder and trust member. For gods sake, the bloke is 60 next year. Obviously these "legends" don't understand the meaning of the word "friendly".

flakey pasty

It's not good to hear that a loyal fan of the club like Fred didn't have a good time at the Legends game.
Fred's feelings aside, it's a bit of a PR disaster for the club.

Cheggers

Best wishes to Fred.
From what I have read on here and understand from press clippings. If Fred was playing for the Legends then the opposition was mainly made up of Flybe employees. Probably no better than Sunday morning park players.

All joking aside, I know fred personally and he's a loyal city fan,season ticket holder and trust member. For gods sake, the bloke is 60 next year. Obviously these "legends" don't understand the meaning of the word "friendly".

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst there is something about this story that i find amusing, there is a more serious side to it.

Aside from the career threatening tackle, a loyal fan has stumped up their own cash for a good cause and has been left feeling bitter about the whole experience.

I don't really see why it was left to Scott Hiley to do the introductions and to make sure he was looked after. He may have agreed to do it, but, IMHO, if that was the case then he shouldn't have been asked in the first place. How long would it have taken for a club official to go along to the changing rooms and say "Mr Legend, this is FRED BINNEY (probably best not to shout it though). He kindly stumped up £x to play tonight", and so on.

And what about this Ross Trant fella? Last i knew he was a DJ on local radio station and then all of a sudden he's Promotions Manager. This isn't a pop and he may be well qualified for the role, but it just seemed to happen. Is it a paid role?

Mr Bridger

Had a text from Fred Binney today with a pic of his knee, nasty.