• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City Make Loan Signing

Dobley

Hmmm. I'm normally a fully paid-up toe-nailer, but I've got to go with the doom-mongerers on this one.

Loan signings in late March when you're in the kind of scrap we're in should fall into one of two camps in my own humble opinion; injury cover and tactical change. Potenially a third would be a substantial up-skilling of a playing position, but I'll come back to that.

There is no way that this could realistically be classed as injury cover as we have more than enough strikers. How many have we had on our books this season? It must be approaching some kind of record.

As for being a signing to change the tactical shape of the team; its a striker. We've got/had the big target man. We've got/had the runner. We've got/had the grafter. We've got/had (supposidly) the Devine-esque lazy finisher. And none have been able to create a finish for the system Tisdale employs on the field. There is nothing more in this particular context that I can see a loaned striker changing. As has been alluded to, a winger (for example) could have potentially had far more impetus.

As for the third option; I wont write off a kid before he's pulled on the shirt, but if he is classed as an up-skill I'll eat my hat. Again, as has been said, if he has the ability to do it at this level, why would a team chasing a step up to this level look at getting him out? If he is an ultra-quick fox in the box or target man of super-hero strength and precision, why would he be joining us in March in leiu of a player going the other way deemed already not good enough.

Further more, on his age. Again, not passing judgement yet, but I pray to god he is a Stanno or a Mackie in terms or temperment. He has to be up for a battle, and now.

As for signing him to have a look for next season; hasn't Tis' policy in the past been to generally "wait and see where we are" before casting the net over new signings. And if it's true that a) the kid expects to be back at Rotherham next year and b) we havn't negotiated a pre-purchase price into his loan contract (which we shan't know) then in light of all the above it makes even less sense.

Far far too many questions which I'm sadly expecting never to be answered.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've no idea. What is like ******* in the wind?
Supporting Rafa and the Scousers?? ;)

A377 Lad

It's hardly inspiring signing a striker that hasn't scored all season.

Grecian2K

It's hardly inspiring signing a striker that hasn't scored all season.
Mind you, nor was signing a goalkeeper to be your central defender, was it?

Poultice

Hmmm. I'm normally a fully paid-up toe-nailer, but I've got to go with the doom-mongerers on this one.
As usual the Toenailers have thrown themselves onto the barbs of any perceived criticism of their god, but Dobley has it spot on, nobody was slagging the boy per se, we are simply struggling to understand the rationale.

Last year when we were pushing for promotion Tis brought in a "proven" goal scorer, I 4-1 thought he didn't do as much as he might have but I could understand the thinking behind it, this is just fubar.

grecIAN Harris

I've no idea. What is like ******* in the wind?
You can tell you're a pen pusher for a living.

Grecian2K

Well, IF (big if) he scores a much needed hat-trick for us on Saturday, I can, at least, suggest a possible song (judging by the photo on the OS

Oh Ryan TAYLOR, you are the love of my life
Oh Ryan TAYLOR, I'd let you shag my wife
Oh Ryan TAYLOR, I'd even go bleached blonde too...
....for you

Mackster

Maybe this would have been better:

Tranmere boss Les Parry has completed the loan signing of Leeds United forward Andy Robinson, with over 200 appearances and 50 goals in League 1 he has bags of experience and is happy playing on either wing.

Bet he is the key man when we visit them.

Wheres Tully?

As much as I want this lad to prove me wrong-what are we thinking.......Fed up with us getting people in 'for the future'. We are fighting against relegation for christ sake.

As i siad-hoping i'm proved wrong....

mdg

odd one this. perhaps a proven striker didnt want to get into a relegation scrap, few of the squad look as if they are up for this type of battle.