• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I have had just about enough

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
I am going from what I heard and have read here - was not at the game so dont feel that i can blame anyone in particular -
so you are blaming all four conceeded goals on 2 players?
Well, for starters I never said Russell was responsible for any of the goals, just that we can't play well as a team if he keeps giving the ball away easily!

From what I saw on Saturday and what I have seen on the TV a couple of times now, Edwards was at fault for all 4. The 3 headers he was beaten to and the first goal was made from his careless pass.

I dont like these posts. It's almost like someone feels the need to outline the facts with clear pretension. I'm sure it has already been said on many occasions that people are outlining what they expect with too much expectation, SO WHAT?

I love being labled as the underdogs in most league games, but at the same time we where only 3 points away from Huddersfield. Yes, they might have more money and better players, but as the old cliche goes, the tables never lie. I agree that people should be less negative towards our style of play. But i COMPLETELY disagree having to accept our position. I remember people having this debate last year and accepting mediocrity in league 2. I dont, simply because i like the thought of an Exeter City achieving beyond their expectations.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Tisdale has taken us as far as he can being a PE teacher an all, i would like to see Paul Sturrock here taken us into the championship.
And have Russell and Lewis back too...

Tada

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I dont like these posts. It's almost like someone feels the need to outline the facts with clear pretension. I'm sure it has already been said on many occasions that people are outlining what they expect with too much expectation, SO WHAT?

I love being labled as the underdogs in most league games, but at the same time we where only 3 points away from Huddersfield. Yes, they might have more money and better players, but as the old cliche goes, the tables never lie. I agree that people should be less negative towards our style of play. But i COMPLETELY disagree having to accept our position. I remember people having this debate last year and accepting mediocrity in league 2. I dont, simply because i like the thought of an Exeter City achieving beyond their expectations.
I have nothing to say. I just wanted to quote you after your Seaborne effort some time ago when you said don't dare quote me again.

Mackster

I have to disagree with the sentiment Phil. Just because people come here and have a moan after a ****-poor performance doesn't make them numpties, same as those who see no wrong are classified as toenailers (previously known as happy clappers). No one is claiming Tisdale has lost it or should be sacked, and most make quite valid points about the shortcoming's of the team and tactics.

Yes, we all know it is a fantastic achievement to be in League 1 and that we have one of the smallest budgets, but the oldtimers debate is particularly valid to the way we play away from home. We have been steamrollered in the first half of the last four away games and we could have been beaten out of sight by half-time. Playing one up encourages the opposition to attack us, we ask them no questions and we have little in the way of pace, energy and physicality in the team. It may not be pretty, but Troy, Manny and Bertie would give us much needed steel, and Noone is wasted when he only has a lone midget to cross to.

Is that not a valid observation of Tisdale's away team selection and tactics or do you file it under numpty?

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I am never disgruntled at poor performances per se, but when the work effort is nowhere near high enough then I get angry. Players like Tully, Gill, Stanno, Deano and Troy have all had bad games but the difference is that when they have a good game they dont stop and sullk, they try harder and work like mad to at least pressurize. But some of these cant get a game and the remainder have moved on.

As long as the players work hard this season then none of us can have many complaints. The irony is that if they all do work very hard then the performance is likely to be less sh*t as a result. At Gillingham, yesterday and a few other spells the players looked like they all had somewhere they'd rather be, and something else they'd rather be doing. Its not the ECFC work ethic we have come to expect, meanwhile the likes of Tully, Bertie, Stans (probably Watson too), and even Logan this year who all work hard and almost inspire the others to do so too, are dropped.

Looking to Wallsall now anyway, the sign of a good team is bouncing back, and the consolation is that they wont have to try very hard to be more impressive than yesterday, the only way really is up after that.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to disagree with the sentiment Phil. Just because people come here and have a moan after a ****-poor performance doesn't make them numpties, same as those who see no wrong are classified as toenailers (previously known as happy clappers). No one is claiming Tisdale has lost it or should be sacked, and most make quite valid points about the shortcoming's of the team and tactics.

Yes, we all know it is a fantastic achievement to be in League 1 and that we have one of the smallest budgets, but the oldtimers debate is particularly valid to the way we play away from home. We have been steamrollered in the first half of the last four away games and we could have been beaten out of sight by half-time. Playing one up encourages the opposition to attack us, we ask them no questions and we have little in the way of pace, energy and physicality in the team. It may not be pretty, but Troy, Manny and Bertie would give us much needed steel, and Noone is wasted when he only has a lone midget to cross to.

Is that not a valid observation of Tisdale's away team selection and tactics or do you file it under numpty?
Personally I think its very valid. I have faith in Tis to eventually abandon the sh*t tactics that have failed him sooner rather than later.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Threads merged

I have nothing to say. I just wanted to quote you after your Seaborne effort some time ago when you said don't dare quote me again.
I too have nothing to say. Or do i? Now if i quote do i contradict not quoting. You have confused me dear.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have some sympathy with Phil's OP BUT I do get concerned when I read statements like Rob Edwards's in today's E & E;

"We were hoping to try to hold out for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the second half and then make some changes from the bench"

FFS, we are 2-0 down at half time and it's tactics to wait until there's only 30minutes or so left to turn things around??

I have felt for some time that Tis has a plan, especially away from home, to try to get try to hold out at 0-0 for an hour and then bring on the cavalry and try to sneak a goal. Unfortunately that puts too much pressure on our defence, which simply isn't strong enough to hold out that long. The fact that we had ZERO shots on goal on Saturday to Huddersfield's ELEVEN amplifies the problem.

This has been the pattern all season and it telegraphs our strategy to the opposition. We have become way too predictable which, for a Tisdale managed team, really surprises me.

We are trying to be TOO defensive. End of.