• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any of your players good enough for Plymouth?

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, I wrote it.

:)

Antony Moxey

I can never see or even imagine the time when ECFC is regarded by anyone has a better/bigger club by anyone in football though, just as, as I said, we would be ragarded bigger/better than BCFC.
Bigger/better? Two completely different things. I can see times when we might be 'better' than you (we did finish above you a couple of years ago, ergo that season we were better than you), but never 'bigger', same as with you and BCFC.

Hunterwasmyhero

The five ***** has me really confused.

:)
Well done Porkus, it must be something to do with supporting A***** that gets you seeing more than there actually is:-

What do you think you Ginsters pastry-coated offal munching Cornish ****?

Incontinentia

There are only really three types of team in my book:

1. Your own team.

2. Teams who had a golden age.

3. The rest.

Only a handful of teams have had a golden age (even though I'd define the term generously - you don't have to have been Liverpool in the 1980s, some there or thereabouts in the League and a couple of FA Cups will do).

Clearly, none of the local teams have ever had it and people like Wigan aren't having it now. If they slipped a bit, would anyone really feel a frisson of excitement about playing them? Leeds, Forest, Newcastle, Man City etc are a different story.

It fades pretty slowly too - I still see Preston as a big club even though their golden age isn't in living memory for Harry Patch, let alone the rest of us.

IJN

I agree with that, Blackpool are another such club.

I have a thing about strips as well, I've seen Airdreonians, Bristol Rovers, Blackburn, Wolves, Argyle (Obviously) and Blackpool (again) all of whom have famous strips or colours, and I always think when I'm watching such a team, what an historical club they are.

I suppose it's just being a football fan that does it.

The Emperor

I think you missed one Ian....... Stoke City.

Could so nearly have been you having a golden period in the premiership had you managed to keep hold of Pulis.

Like their style of football or not, they are in the league they belong in.

IJN

I was within weeks of not renewing my ST with that bloke in charge.

I don't like him or his munchin (an ex great player of ours) Kemp.

Horrible football and nothing to do with what I want to watch.

The Emperor

I'll save that one, it's a gem ;)
I thought so, yes. :)

Copernicus

Yep, all of them.

macnabs

Pulis's teams play "horrible" football yet Gargoyle has produced this season the worse football seen for years and yet when it produced by Rab C it appears to be OK. They are so strange down west. :)