• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Attendance this Saturday V Bradford

ecfc2000

They took 2,741 to near by Rochdale on Tuesday....
That is very impressive, however, as others have said there's a huge difference in distance between Bradford - Rochdale and Bradford - Exeter. Not just travelling time but cost. I can't see anymore than 600.

TonyDalexe

Rochdale Fan in peace,
.. and a City fan thru the 50s - 70s (the great Mitchell, Harvey, Banks era).
Bradford did outnumber us on Tuesday with over 2,700 (they're such a massive club... too big for our piddling leage ha! ha!) but never mind the distance they won't take many on Saturday anyway after we trounced them 3 - 0.

Brilliant to see the City revived, supporter run & doing superbly this season. Maybe the Dale can emulate City & win on their 2nd outing at Wembley this year (if we don't make auto). After 38 years living in Rochdale I've finally swopped allegiances (yes traitorous I know...) to another small, unfashionable club. Long may we kind be the backbone of the Football League. But City are always my second look at the results.

Look forward to hearing the old Devonian brogue on 28th ( last time I heard it was when I got to City's Morecambe & Halifax fixtures a couple of years ago) - should be a great game. Hope Dale win but it still won't be time for the fat lady to sing till May 2nd - so all the best to both our clubs.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rochdale Fan in peace,
.. and a City fan thru the 50s - 70s (the great Mitchell, Harvey, Banks era).
Bugger, that is fate dealing every bum card it can find, City followed by Dale, respect for not emptying the vodka and the pills before now.

Of course 'Fud will not sell out the away end, the 2700 that went to Dale would be just about their natural level of support at home let alone away, season tickets for 99 quid is all that bolsters their home crowds.

Saturday will see a poor crowd as both sets of fans get over a mid-week d*cking.

5378 (591 away)

Simples.

Antony Moxey

Thinking and hoping it will be a cracking atmosphere, needs to be better than Tuesday night anyway!
That was down to the home fans, not the away ones. I thought the Bournemouth fans were in fine voice - ours, on the hand, were decidedly not.

TonyDalexe

fraid Bradford do better than 2700 at home - average over 12,000. Anyway hope you put a further dent in their hopes with another 3 - 0 drubbing

ps - vodka & pills are a daily temptation

Poultice

fraid Bradford do better than 2700 at home - average over 12,000. Anyway hope you put a further dent in their hopes with another 3 - 0 drubbing
I meant that their natural level of support if they were struggling in the 4th div wouldn't be much above that, they need to sell huge numbers at home cos I believe their ground costs them 1.2 million a year, even then I guess they must have some commercial side not to be struggling for money.

If we play like we did Tuesday you will have to worry more about them than us in the run in.

Simples.

Grecian joe.

if they sell there 1500 allocation then we could be looking at a 6500-7000 gate if not 5800 ish attendance i should expect

axred

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/MatchTicketsAway/0,,10266,00.html
i repeat its not even all ticket for them , its pay on the gate
i think they will bring about the same as bournemouth

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
My Attendance prediction : 5,322

TimG

dont think for a second bradford will sell out the away end is along way to come and as said earlier on the thread they have nt taken anywhere near as many to much closer grounds. Would proberly expect somewhere in the region of Brentford 700-900. Something like that