• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

neil saunders

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He did OK yesterday, nothing special though but that will come with him building up his match fitness. Glad to finally see him in a City shirt! :D
Watch the little things Pelsey. They will make for better, bigger things.

Phil Sayers

Very sweet right foot as well. In the first half I thought his crossing was the only time we looked as though we might score.

IBA

Neil Saunders - He's already a City Legend In my eyes

Red Lion

A promising start for me. Should get better and better but I pray he doesn't get injured.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was a big shock to see him in the starting line-up on the Team sheet before the game... I thought he did very well - looked 'technically' gifted and with match fitness could be like a new signing and one with quality too. I just hope he has a decent run in the team and that his injury curse is over. Fingers crossed because i think he will raise quite a few eyebrows throughout the season.

hienzeECFC

i think its important to remember that he hasnt played a competitive game in about 2 years, and i think this was his football league debut, he's recovering from injury so only on his way to fitness. he reminded me alot of our very own ryan harley in some ways, always looked confident and compossed on the ball and never looked like giving away possesion, some really neat and tidy passes aswell. i was really impressed, i could see glimpsesof why when he came to us he was supposed to be more promising than matty taylor.

STURTZ

Great to see Saunders start, anybody else wince whenever he went down in a challenge?

Played better than I would expect for someone coming back to play his first senior game for about 18 months. If he can remain uninjured and make progress then I would hope that he will be challenging Stewart for that right hand side spot.

His introduction is just right for us and with Saunders and Moxey playing well on the flanks I think we can mount a serious challenge this season.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sounded on t'radio (before my connection was lost just after the equaliser and the City website was down! - :mad: ) like he was seeing quite a bit of the ball.

Great news for him to start - I thought it would be the New Year before we saw him in the First XI.

GrecianGav

Delighted Neil has finally made his full League debut for us, Very gutted i missed it as was working as have been a big fan of Neil's and have stuck up for him because i believe he is a very gifted footballer who will once having a run in the team become a permanent fixture in the starting eleven before a big money move away.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A good first appearance taking everything into consideration. I think he will do well. He looks eager to get from midfield into attacking positions when running off the ball, much like Bertie does actually.