• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reserves away to Salisbury - tonight

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is a lot of politics that goes on behind the scenes at football clubs and I'm sure the City is no exception. So if someone is dropped you cannot automatically think that it relates to playing ability etc. In some ways amateur teams have the same problem e.g. do you pick the guy that comes to training everyweek or the guy that has more natural ability but only turns up for a game. I'm not a Bash fan but if he gets a chance I hope he takes it.

Antony Moxey

Right, done that. Still don't get it. Sh*t I'd never make a politician..

BIG DADDY

having legs in this divison is a must big daddy fella , if you had logie . bash & stewart up top the midfield would be under serious threat from people running at them too often , love him or hate him thats one of the major reasons why Stansfield is rated so highly by Tisdale because of his ability to cover the ground along the back four and close full backs especially down , Bash & Stewart especially cant do that.
i will beg to differ, what you need to do is to keep opposing defenders busy so they havnt got time to play a telling pass ,or run the ball out from midfield, which can be done without being as quick as stan, look at arsenal all quick defenders but cant defend set pieces because lack of height, most defenders are big in this and are not lightning quick bash logan and stewart should have enough about them to make it work up top if needed

iscalad

i will beg to differ, what you need to do is to keep opposing defenders busy so they havnt got time to play a telling pass ,or run the ball out from midfield, which can be done without being as quick as stan, look at arsenal all quick defenders but cant defend set pieces because lack of height, most defenders are big in this and are not lightning quick bash logan and stewart should have enough about them to make it work up top if needed
Surely that is a reason to keep Stansfield in the team

Lister

I can only imagine its becuase of his high wages that Tis feels he has to play him to justify him being at the club. I'd much rather see Basham playing then Stewart.
How do you know he's on high wages?

Lister

love him or hate him thats one of the major reasons why Stansfield is rated so highly by Tisdale because of his ability to cover the ground along the back four and close full backs especially down , Bash & Stewart especially cant do that.
And why he is so feared by many teams.

BIG DADDY

And why he is so feared by many teams.
we must also be able to adapt if he's not playing ,the likes of macca stewart and logan , can work defenders and keep them on there toes,maybe not has go has stan but it can be done

Antony Moxey

we must also be able to adapt if he's not playing ,the likes of macca stewart and logan , can work defenders and keep them on there toes,maybe not has go has stan but it can be done
What does that bit mean?

LammieLammieLammie

I read it as "Maybe not as good as Stan" ....

ecfc2000

How do you know he's on high wages?
Last seasons player of the year and fans favourite at Yeovil is hardly going to drop a league for peanuts is he!